Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Queen visits Crawley

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's she going to be doing in Crawley?

Visiting a new centre for teenage mothers?

Presenting an award for the town which has contributed most towards the profits of Lonsdale Sporting Goods & Hoodies Ltd?

Opening the new Tilgate Wing of Sports & Soccer (now selling 70% more Lonsdale gear)?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Opening a new WKD Blue bottling plant in Bewbush?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
edna krabappel said:
What's she going to be doing in Crawley?

Visiting a new centre for teenage mothers?

Presenting an award for the town which has contributed most towards the profits of Lonsdale Sporting Goods & Hoodies Ltd?

Opening the new Tilgate Wing of Sports & Soccer (now selling 70% more Lonsdale gear)?

Now that's satire

:thumbsup:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Visting Langleydesh. Otherwise known as Langley Green.

population ofapproximately 7,000. It is the most multi-cultural area of Crawley,boasting a very diverserange of cultures, inclu-ding a large Asian-Indian community, along with representatives from many other ethnic groupsfrom around the world. Langley Green is the nearest neighbourhood to Gatwick Airport,

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
She opened my school in Crawley (Holy Trinity), albeit 6 years before I went there though.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Apparently she is making an appearnace in Queens square in the town but has cencelled a planned lunch at Thomas beckett Community College afterwards becasue of her back.

Not sure what she's doing in queens square though, shopping in primark or Woolworths I would imagine.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:
No she's opening a new viewing platform for snobs.

Fair enough, you got me :lolol:

Spent far too long working in Crawley, I developed WAY too much cynicism in that time!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Get your five-page preview in this week's Observer (out November 1) plus your very own cut-out-and-wave flag. Just cut it out and stick it to a piece of cardboard - such as an old cereal box - and help make Her Majesty's visit as colourful as possible!"

:eek:

Is it still the 1950s in Crawley?! Bless the Crawley Observer's enthusiasm

:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
edna krabappel said:

Is it still the 1950s in Crawley?! Bless the Crawley Observer's enthusiasm

1960s judging from the distigustingly ugly outdoor shopping centre in the middle of town.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Guinness Boy said:
1960s judging from the distigustingly ugly outdoor shopping centre in the middle of town.

Have you actually been to Crawley any time recently?

Not that I'd like to stick up for the place but a lot of it's 50'2 and 60's architecture has actually been replaced with plastic fronted toytown like structures.

Even that hideous Crawley college builing looks like its days could be numbered

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
Visting Langleydesh. Otherwise known as Langley Green.

population ofapproximately 7,000. It is the most multi-cultural area of Crawley,boasting a very diverserange of cultures, inclu-ding a large Asian-Indian community, along with representatives from many other ethnic groupsfrom around the world. Langley Green is the nearest neighbourhood to Gatwick Airport,

The Queen is visiting asylum seekers, whatever next

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Voroshilov said:
At least they build things in Crawley, even if they are horrid.
:clap:

Stadiums and Olympic swimming pools for example.

Plus none of the crappy traffic problems that Brighton has, or the same level of drug problems & crime. I believe you can get work in Crawley - and afford to live ten minutes away too.

It's a bit chavvy but a handy place to live near, IMO.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Money is good too.

They will pay you a living wage in most places.

Unlike in f***ing Brighton where you're lucky to get enough to pay your rent, let alone the council tax on top of that.

Still know where I'd rather live though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here