Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Prestige Of League 1

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Given that clubs with recent Premier League experience are making a habit of dropping two divisions, is L1 becoming a more prestigious competition?

It seems to me that the media are starting to take L1 more seriously.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
L1 has become interesting because Southampton, Charlton and Norwich are in it and possibly Leeds too.

Some so-called 'big' sides in view of the media.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I dont know about "prestigious" but certainly more aware.

Its not unknown to have at least one "big" club in the third tier - such as Sunderland in the late 80s and Man City in the early 90s, but its certainly unprecedented to have as many "big" clubs as we do now!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Interesting certainly, but how the hell are we ever going to get out of it if it continues to become a Premiership III !? The last thing we need is Man Utd or Arsenal dropping down to join in the fun.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Interesting certainly, but how the hell are we ever going to get out of it if it continues to become a Premiership III !? The last thing we need is Man Utd or Arsenal dropping down to join in the fun.

I wouldn't complain, I want to visit one of their stadiums with the Albion!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It only sounds prestigous because its called League One. If it was called division 3, people may take it for it actually is. the 3rd tier of profeesional football

I think teams like Southampton, Charlon and Norwich would find it harder to take if this league was still called Division THREE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here