Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The place to be: the park and ride queue after the game

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Almost as entertaining as the matches. First we had the old fellow trying to break through the bennetts field barriers with his car wheel spanner then running off like a naughty schoolboy when the police came over. Friday we had some loud mouthed female Leeds fan giving it large to our stewards followed by Nooney driving off past in his big white car and waving to the queue. Quite brilliant so far.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Almost as entertaining as the matches. First we had the old fellow trying to break through the bennetts field barriers with his car wheel spanner then running off like a naughty schoolboy when the police came over. Friday we had some loud mouthed female Leeds fan giving it large to our stewards followed by Nooney driving off past in his big white car and waving to the queue. Quite brilliant so far.

Add to that the excitement of not knowing if your in the right queue half the time, I don't know why we bother with the game, might just start queueing as soon as I arrive at the stadium so as to get a good viewing point.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Can I just add that the only thing missing is a good few choruses of "We're the Mithras, we're the Mithras, we're the Mithras Brighton Boys" "We're the Mill Road, etc etc........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The kid running after Nooney without success was also good value.

Can I just add that the only thing missing is a good few choruses of "We're the Mithras, we're the Mithras, we're the Mithras Brighton Boys" "We're the Mill Road, etc etc........
Was in evidence for the Leeds game!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Bendy bus? Luxury Coach? Bendy Bus? Luxury Coach?

Its gripping stuff. Almost as gripping as the match itself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where do those big yellow lemon buses go or whatever they're called?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Fast becoming another highlight to each Amex experience. Am loving the steward who now stands on (and blocking) the central stairwell section with his Fisher Price loud hailer directing traffic. As the bottle neck got intense during the Liverpool aftermath I said to a lady of mature years 'this is a great way to make new friends isn't it?' as her sagging but large breasts pressed into my back. To my horror and delight she proceeded to pinch my arse. I couldn't bring myself to look over my shoulder again in case she followed it up with a wink.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I also like the fact that some kid will sooner or later likely to be crushed under the wheels of a bus/coach as the queing often get sout of control. And by the way it is likely to be my nipper if he keeps playing about in the car park whilst we are queuing!!!!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Fast becoming another highlight to each Amex experience. Am loving the steward who now stands on (and blocking) the central stairwell section with his Fisher Price loud hailer directing traffic. As the bottle neck got intense during the Liverpool aftermath I said to a lady of mature years 'this is a great way to make new friends isn't it?' as her sagging but large breasts pressed into my back. To my horror and delight she proceeded to pinch my arse. I couldn't bring myself to look over my shoulder again in case she followed it up with a wink.

At least they didn't press into the back of your knees

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't forget the verbals between Brighton fans as some try to cut in line while others are left down the bottom not moving while the stewards stand doing bugger all. My personal favourite would the steward 'manager' getting abuse from all and trying to laugh it off as if he was just one of the lads while saying the wait at Withdean was the same (as if anyone would compare the two seeing the increase in capacity's)

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Fast becoming another highlight to each Amex experience. Am loving the steward who now stands on (and blocking) the central stairwell section with his Fisher Price loud hailer directing traffic.

Top bloke!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Don't forget the verbals between Brighton fans as some try to cut in line while others are left down the bottom not moving while the stewards stand doing bugger all. My personal favourite would the steward 'manager' getting abuse from all and trying to laugh it off as if he was just one of the lads while saying the wait at Withdean was the same (as if anyone would compare the two seeing the increase in capacity's)

Nothing, nay nothing pisses an English man off more than people who push into queues. Fellow brighton fan or no!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Nothing, nay nothing pisses an English man off more than people who push into queues. Fellow brighton fan or no!

What's even more fun to watch is when people lose it at someone they think is pushing in, but in reality is just trying to get through to their own queue. Some of the retorts have been legendary.

You just have to try the train, an entire train full of people trying to squeeze through a gap big enough for 1 and a half people at Brighton after the game. I should imagine that from above it looks quite like one of those sand filled hour glass thingies, and just as slow.

Tempers will flair.

Amexican

May 21, 2011

"We're the left side we're the left side we're the left side Mithras queue, We're the right side we're the right side we're the right side Mill Road queue"

This will help the bloke on the central stairs and the steward who didn't seem to know his right from left at the Leeds game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here