Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pitch today

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Someone sat in front of me was suggesting Notts County deliberately made the pitch bad for today's game. Anyone know what it was looking like for there last game??

Oxford_pie

May 7, 2011
I can well imagine why they would think that, but they're wrong. Our pitch has been very poor his season, what you saw today was a marked improvement on recent weeks. We share the ground with Nottingham RFC.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
More like shared with the Nottingham Farmers Ploughing Club.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Did I see they play Rugby on it as well.

Suited their style, although it seemed to stick under players feet. However did look like they narrow the pitch to stop us stretching the play out on the wings.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure their pitch has been renowned in recent years for it's crap-ness.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The pitch looked bloody terrible, but no chance they would've done it deliberately.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Maybe a spot of egg chasing had been played on it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i heard that rugby was played on it from somewhere

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Still, bad as the Meadow Lane pitch at least it's not covered with faeces like Selhurst Park, yesterday one half was a disgrace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt it pretty obvious that most teams set their own pitch up to best suit their team hence us having the biggest pitch in the country when we get to Amex.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
i heard that rugby was played on it from somewhere

Nottingham Rugby (also owned by Ray Trew) share the ground. HOWEVER, to the best of my knowledge, their last match there was against London Welsh in the Payoffs on 16th April. I looked to me that they had deliberately left the pitch in a mess to stop us playing passing football.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Isnt it pretty obvious that most teams set their own pitch up to best suit their team hence us having the biggest pitch in the country when we get to Amex.

If thats the best we can complain about then carry on. The 70's & 80's were renowned for cold showers (when questioned the groundsman's standard reply - "sorry Guv, all was working well this morning" and in addition probably had the away visitors dirty mess still lingering around from the previous game. With the game being more technical, given whoever the opposition are on the day Gus has the choice to play an expansive game with the large pitch, or bring in the touchline's if and when required if he wants to keep it tight.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The pitch was much worse for the tv games agst Charlton and Man City.

Thought Notts C were a cruder team than they were at Withdean. Guess that's the influence of Martin A and the relegation threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here