Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Opposition View

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
By James Hossack

Rovers travel to the South Coast for their most highly anticipated opening game for a generation at Brighton and Hove Albions Amex Stadium.

Tomorrow’s game will be the first competitive match to be played at the Seagulls’ quietly impressive new home. They played a strong Spurs side in the official opening ceremony last weekend and O’Driscoll mounted a spying mission.

He came away impressed by both the 22,500 capacity stadium and the Brighton side.

“I was trying to look for chinks in their armour,” he said. “But the way they play suits the playing surface.

“They handled the occasion really well and you’d think that if they were playing in the league that they’d do exactly the same.

“I watched them few times in League One and they are comfortable doing what they are doing. They have an astute, intelligent manager. He has spent big money and brought in a goal-scorer in Mickail-Smith but he is going to keep faith with his squad until he knows what they can do (at this level). Make no bones about it, they will be eyeing up promotion so it will be as tougher task as we could have faced first up.”

O’Driscoll said he didn’t believe the fact that the Seagulls will be playing in a new venue will have an adverse affect.

“I think they’ve been sensible and have played one or two games behind closed doors,” he said.

Hassocks View: Rovers have upset the applecart before and would love nothing more than to spoil Albions opening day party. They may have been written off by pundits and opposition supporters alike but I back them to come away with a smash and grab 3-1 victory.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Who's this Mickail-Smith he speaks of??

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
1-3 :dunce:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Same as last season from every manager then- 'big spending Brighton'.I bet even Sven will say it.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The Opposition View
By James Hossack
Hassocks View::facepalm: Rovers have upset the applecart before and would love nothing more than to spoil Albions opening day party. They may have been written off by pundits and opposition supporters alike but I back them to come away with a smash and grab 3-1 victory.

Indeed the view from HASSOCKS is that Rovers will get turned over and a 3-1 result will indeed happen

and this corker shold not be missed..... “But the way they play suits the playing surface." I shoulkd think its difficult to play any other way

(not a 1-3 win which is what he wants!)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I watched O'Driscoll's interview on Docaster Player, he's quietly spoken and intelligent but boy is he boring. Goodness knows how he manages to motivate players :shrug:, he's like one of those teachers whose lessons you spend looking out of the window, whilst the clock slowly ticks away, just willing it to finish...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here