Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The One Show. Irresponsible TV.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Every now and then certain programmes do this and also what about the real hustle? I agree it shows how you can prevent it!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How do you do it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How do you do it?

You need:

A mask
A horizontal striped sweater (black and white usually)
Gloves
A crowbar
And a bag with "SWAG" written on it

Find an open window and bobs your uncle, use crowbar if not wide enough or if you need to force a front door.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
very easily it seems "11 minutes to get in clean up (metaphorically rather than literally) and get out again"???
some burglars dont clean up and drop a massive turd on the lounge carpet :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The have just shown how to break into someones house. Unbelievable.

What, so you don't think that, if you were desperate enough, you'd be capable of figuring out without help from TV?

Get shovel- smash glass in door- climb in.

Frankly if you needed a TV programme to teach you that, then you have my pity.

:rolleyes:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I appreciate what you're trying to say, but as someone who's dealt with more than a few burglars in my time, I think I can safely confirm that they aren't generally the type to be sitting on the sofa at 7pm watching The One Show.
:lolol:

The vast majority of house burglars do so because they need stuff to sell so they can buy smack. The fact is, if you got them all off the gear, the number of house burglaries would plummet. They are opportunists, who steal according to their need at the time, and are far more likely to go for the easy option- a communal front door left open, a window ajar- thus ensuring quick entry and exit. They're not likely to nick your 50" plasma screen, more likely your mobile, digital camera, jewellery, cash and XBox games, stuff that can be easily concealed in pockets and won't attract attention if you walk down the street with it. It's fair to say they don't get the idea for this off the TV.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I had a note through my door last week from the local cops, warning us about break ins in our area...not by your stereo-typical smack head types looking for something shiny to flog for their next fix, but by women. Their MO was to go round finding an unlocked door and just walk into the property, if challenged they claimed to be either lost or looking for someone who lived in the house...despite the normal approch being to ring the bell first, even if you already know the person who lives there, and not to just wander in.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had a note through my door last week from the local cops, warning us about break ins in our area...not by your stereo-typical smack head types looking for something shiny to flog for their next fix, but by women. Their MO was to go round finding an unlocked door and just walk into the property, if challenged they claimed to be either lost or looking for someone who lived in the house...despite the normal approch being to ring the bell first, even if you already know the person who lives there, and not to just wander in.

Again, a fairly common MO, and certainly not one I'd put down to just women. In somewhere like Brighton & Hove, where you have thousands of multi occupancy premises, with communal entrances and a high turnover of tenants, how many people really know who their neighbours are, and would automatically clock a stranger in the building?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
f***ing chiles

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Again, a fairly common MO, and certainly not one I'd put down to just women. In somewhere like Brighton & Hove, where you have thousands of multi occupancy premises, with communal entrances and a high turnover of tenants, how many people really know who their neighbours are, and would automatically clock a stranger in the building?

So I gather, we were advised to keep doors locked even when at home, something I always do anyway...if I am upstairs with a radio playing there is very little chance that I would hear someone come in the back door, if it were unlocked. The only fortunate thing is that I live in a cul-de-sac, so anyone who comes into our road must have a reason for being here, otherwise they will attract attention. I was chatting with a neighbour who had noticed two blokes walking up and down the street looking between the houses, possibly checking which ones had gates...as they walked past his house he took some pictures of them with his mobile phone...they spotted him and legged it, which suggests they were up to no good...not long after that our next-door neighbour had his bike nicked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here