Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL: we're not at Glastonbury thread

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
...unless I'm liable for fixtures of course.

So, I saw KT Tunstall on the box. Very boring. Main stage at Glastonbury? Radio 2 more like. Candi Staton has been better, but surely a Sunday afternoon slot.

Kings of Leon later. The only CURRENT band worthy of the main stage at Glastonbury this year?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
would of loved to of seen 'the grid' playing tomorrow in dance west @7.45...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Watching the Ting Tings at the mo. Are they from Brighton? They'll never set the world alight, but quite like them all the same. I've heard that "They call me Ernest, they call me Aidie" song a million times. Sounds like a band of about eight people, but they seem to only be a twosome. Impressive.

Oct 25, 2003
they're from manchester i think, and from what i remember they were the biggest act at the unsigned stage last year

oh, and they're shit

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yeah, cos you can never see Kings of Leon too many times :yawn:

Four albums (if you include this years September release) in five years suggests they are well worthy of another main stage outing. I struggle to think of anyone who has released three albums of the kind of callibre that Kings of Leon have produced this decade, but perhaps you'll enlighten me...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I said i'd be at glastonbury next time last year

i'm not :(

bloody 3,000 spare tickets and i'm not there (may have something to do with the fact i'm BRASSIC mind)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have found tonights coverage totally uninspiring. Very little from today to suggest Glastonbury is still at the top of the heap when it comes to festivals. That said, MGMT seem to have a bit about them and I'm sure there is plenty going on away from the beady eye of the beeb. Then I saw Kings of Leon who totally OWNED day one.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm not at Glastonbury, but I don't care as I'm going to Milton Keynes on Sunday to see Linkin Park instead.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm not surprised they have unsold tickets, where are all the big acts?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm not there and not really fussed far too expensive, only Jay Z will put on a show and most of the unwashed don't want him there anyway go figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here