Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Thanks Mark McGhee thread [Merged Threads]

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The official Thanks Mark McGhee thread

While I'm all for our big change, I think it's only right to give McGhee the credit he deserves as he goes out.

For making the play offs and a day at the Millenium none of us will ever forget.

For keeping us in the Championship and beating some big clubs along the way - West Ham away the highlight for me.

Some great signings: Currie, McShane, Carole, Frutos.

For developing youth players like Virgo, Harding, Lynch into real assets to this club.

Most of all for taking the club to his heart and our fight for Falmer. The lack of investment in the team and poor facilities was enough for Taylor to walk out but Mark was up for the challenge. He should have seen the writing on the wall at the end of last season and gone then but he tried - but failed.

Gook luck Mark and thanks. :clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, so long and thanks for all the fish. No, joking apart you did your best but things weren't working. Good luck and thanks.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
yep - absolutely. Spent it in a West Country pub, surrounded by City fans. How much did I enjoy the penalty!

cheers MM. But I might not buy you a bottle of scotch though.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Absolutely. I was on Harty's phone in last Saturday asking for him to be sacked, but I still think he did a fantastic job in 2003/04 and 2004/05. Keeping us in the Championship the year before last has to go down as one of the best achievements of any manager that year. And when you look at the players he's had to sell, you've got to feel sorry for him. With Virgs, Currie, Carole, Harding, etc still at the club we would still be in the Championship, I'm sure.

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Thanks Mark. At least you were prepared to stick at it in pretty grim circumstances.

I really can't imagine who will want to come to manager a club with no ground, no money and a thin squad - who then sack the manager for not getting results.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cheers for fluking the playoff against Swindon, cheers for the win at the millenium stadium and the wins at Palace and the Spammers.

Cheers for bringing the legends that are Molango and Turienzo to the south coast.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
80's Seagull said:
Cheers for fluking the playoff against Swindon, cheers for the win at the millenium stadium and the wins at Palace and the Spammers.

Cheers for bringing the legends that are Molango and Turienzo to the south coast.

Thanks for that invaluable insight :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here