Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official NZ v Slovakia thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure NZ will come to a STANDSTILL tonight as Ryan Nelson and his boys go into this game - surely their best chance of a first WC point.

Come on All Whites. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I am hoping a game like this will kick off some flair at this world cup.

Both teams will think they can win and will go for it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Think it may be a stinker along the lines of Algeria Slovenia with two teams too scared to lose. On the other hand it could be an absolute thriller. I'll say 3-3

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I have to be cheering for New Zealand in this one, hopefully they can pull off a bit of a shock, serves Slovakia right for leaving out Brezovan!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
0-0

My glass is no longer half full but, alas, half empty :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope GUS is watching this one. How FLAIR would it be if we could sign one of the NZ part-timer postman types after the WC?

And of course it gives all the sweaties another chance to desperately appear relevant in this World Cup, what with the St Andrews cross appearing in their flag if you look very very very closely indeed.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The most (in the nicest possible way) unpreposessing teams in world cups often serve up the most entertaining fare. Or they don't. 2-0 to Slovakia for me.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Slovakia: Purveyors of the world's finest-looking women... :love:

New Zealand: Purveyors of the world's finest sheep, and some Lord of the Rings bollocks.

I know who I'll be supporting...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I hope Winston Reid is playing, Winston, a true New Zealand name!

They do have one of the best kids in the game though in Chris Wood, hope he gets a chance!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The most (in the nicest possible way) unpreposessing teams in world cups often serve up the most entertaining fare. Or they don't. 2-0 to Slovakia for me.

My thoughts exactly which is why I'm constantly bemused by people who "only watch the England or the big games" and mock the prospect of games such as we're about to witness. Must confess I'm beginning to flag this time around though.

Please GOD help strengthen my faith in the worlds greatest sporting event and make me feel just like a kid all over again.

f*** it !, did I say 0-0 ?.......I meant

3-2 Slovakia ! :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Slovakia: Purveyors of the world's finest-looking women... :love:

New Zealand: Purveyors of the world's finest sheep, and some Lord of the Rings bollocks.

I know who I'll be supporting...

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scandalous that Spiderman isn't in the Slovakia squad.

For this reason I shall mainly be supporting New Zealand.

Slightly disappointing that ITV aren't covering this one, thus depriving Clive Tyldesley to squeeze in something about it being "All White" on the night.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still waiting for the first game that is both high-scoring AND close (3-2, 4-3). There hasn't even been any 2-1s...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scandalous that Spiderman isn't in the Slovakia squad.

For this reason I shall mainly be supporting New Zealand.

Slightly disappointing that ITV aren't covering this one, thus depriving Clive Tyldesley to squeeze in something about it being "All White" on the night.

And Long suffering....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here