Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 'Back from Barnsley (h)' thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just what the doctor ordered there.

Barnsley were poor, certainly, and will struggle to stay in this division on that showing, although they had a LOT of players out today.

The whole team performed well today, but Bridge, Barnes, Noone and Bruno were the pick. Bruno time and time again showed flashes of real quality - he could play as a winger easily. In the first half be combined exceptionally well with Noone and caused Barnsley all manner of problems.

CMS had more than a touch of luck with both of his, getting on the end of what seemed to be 2 goal-bound efforts from Barnes, but if that's what it takes to get him really going again then it's all good.

The only blot for Barnes was a needlessly niggly foul that the referee seemed to be allowing to let go with a stern warning, but Ashley seemed to talk himself into a card. Silly, if so.

LuaLua replaced Noone and brought more of the same for the final 20 minutes. After skinning his fullback for the umpteenth time he opted to shoot from a tight angle, blazing high when there were unmarked Albion players queuing up to make it an easy 6th.

A word about Harley - he got himself into good positions twice in his 20 minute cameo and could (should) have scored. Most notably Bruno floated over a lovely ball from deep which saw Harley running through from onside meeting the ball with his head with Gonzalez stranded. This effort ended up wide and seems to be a good summary of his Albion 'career' to date.

All aboard the Gus Bus again!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Home in port salade by 5.05pm, I bloody love motorbikes! Great game and these are teams we should be putting to the sword like that, big confidence booster.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Straight onto the first train to Lewes and I left on the final whistle !! Was a great game, everyone performed - even Dicker (for a bit).

Ryan Harley still isnt good enough and I love Barnes even more !!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
For those moaning about Barnes, Dicker and CMS - that one is for free - the next one you can turn sideways and stick it up your arse.

Superb game. Back in Lancing at home on my settee in my pants 5.20pm - left on final whistle

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
home in time to go to work, cracking game!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Taken from the Barnsley website...

Everything is certainly geared up for the Premier League with the grand state-of-the-art stadium and a plethora of top-end Championship players who were hungrier and simply better than the Reds.

Bless 'em.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
We were decent, but no where near our best yet we still hammered a side 5-1. It's a very comforting thought knowing we're capable of that.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Taken from the Barnsley website...

Everything is certainly geared up for the Premier League with the grand state-of-the-art stadium and a plethora of top-end Championship players who were hungrier and simply better than the Reds.

Bless 'em.

dont you just love the Dingles !

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Home in port salade by 5.05pm, I bloody love motorbikes! Great game and these are teams we should be putting to the sword like that, big confidence booster.

Haha the only way to travel! I thought Kuszczak was going to hang himself after that pen he just let in! thank god we got that goal straight after even though he still looked gutted about it. Like him for that! Really wants to show his best!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How did we not get a penalty in the first half when Bruno went down? For me probably one of the most stonewall penalties I've ever witnessed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brilliant all the way, just the tonic for us

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Evened it up with the foul on gonzales for the first goal :lolol:

It wasn't a foul. Gonzalez clattered his own player and there was no contact with the Albion player at the far post - Greer I think - leaving Barnes the simple job of tapping home.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And we won 5-1 without Buckley or Vicente as well

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It wasn't a foul. Gonzalez clattered his own player and there was no contact with the Albion player at the far post - Greer I think - leaving Barnes the simple job of tapping home.

Looked like he clattered greer from where i was sat, any video evidence?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looked like he clattered greer from where i was sat, any video evidence?

Replays will show it was never a foul.

Also immediately after the goal Greer was celebrating with Barnes, whilst Gonzalez was standing over the defender he'd taken out.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Just got home, definitely needed. Barnsley where shocking. CMS was desperate for a hatrick was getting wound up towards the end. Hopefully we can carry on the goal scoring.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Replays will show it was never a foul.

Also immediately after the goal Greer was celebrating with Barnes, whilst Gonzalez was standing over the defender he'd taken out.

fair enough, i believe you, my pessimism instantly thought foul on keeper but im glad it was just terrible defending by barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here