Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC prog rock thread

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All hail those who can deliver such music while needing separate Concorde tickets for their guitar, Persian rugs to stand on on stage, an articulated lorry for each band member, the removal of brown M&Ms from their backstage riders, while arguing about diminished sevenths, excessive time changes and tales about topographical pixies...? I'll start with a spot of Greek prog rock.

Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen

[yt]selfqEH-JnY[/yt]

R-A-W-K!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TLO is Tommy Saxondale!

There I was exotolling the virtues of Dark Side of the Moon when he comes along with his modern dance music and its all bleeps and farts.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TLO is Tommy Saxondale!

There I was exotolling the virtues of Dark Side of the Moon when he comes along with his modern dance music and its all bleeps and farts.

Wa-hat? '666' pre-dates Dark Side of the Moon by nearly two years. Bleeps and farts my arse.

The fact that the band split before the album came out, with one band member becoming a progressive international keyboard guru, one becoming a middle-of-the-road singer (both of whom had subsequent solo top 5 hits), and the drummer lapsing into obscurity (at least he didn't explode or choke on someone else's vomit) only heightens the prog rock pretentions.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All hail those who can deliver such music while needing separate Concorde tickets for their guitar, Persian rugs to stand on on stage, an articulated lorry for each band member, the removal of brown M&Ms from their backstage riders, while arguing about diminished sevenths, excessive time changes and tales about topographical pixies...? I'll start with a spot of Greek prog rock.

Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen

[yt]selfqEH-JnY[/yt]

Sorry just can't accept Demis Roussos as prog rock :nono:

THIS is prog rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfJMhxHUGsQ

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Sorry just can't accept Demis Roussos as prog rock :nono:

I think that was a mistake - he meant to type "Greek prick rock".

Good call on Caravan though - I was actually watching that earlier but decided to post Persephone instead...

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We saw caravan at the old market in Hove a while back, the keyboard player looked like a German car sales man - does that make someone a prog rocker? ;)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
We saw caravan at the old market in Hove a while back, the keyboard player looked like a German car sales man - does that make someone a prog rocker? ;)

Probably. I can pick up German TV at home -- apparently it's still 1973 there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You and they may have THOUGHT it was prog rock but this is what they actually got famous doing, so there! Nothing could be further removed from prog rock

That's from, like 1968, all hippie shit and stuff. And they were hardly 'famous'.

Four years later, 666 came out.

Besides, isn't one of the (tongue-in-cheek) requirements of any prog rock that they re-work a classical piece of music. In this instance, it's Pachelbel's Canon in D major.

Caravan were a bit uneven, from album to album.

I was a guest courtesy of Pye Hastings when they played the Dome once, but it wasn't a good gig unfortunately (and it was like someone had died when I went backstage afterwards).

Some of those '2nd Division' bands made classic albums though, it has to be said.
I still play, and love, Pilgrimage and New England by Wishbone Ash, for one.

Currently on the turntable; 'Mudanzas' by STRAY, which is an all-out excellent rock album (that nobody bought).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
As expressed through the medium of dance...

[yt]xBGIyYbX9m4[/yt]
[yt]fF90Rwrycuo[/yt]

...on ice ??? Pretentious moi?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here