VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The rules are:

You must attend the game tonight
You must only leave when the final whistle is blown
You must describe your route back

The winner will wear a smug grin on their face for the remainder of the summer.

I have no chance as we are driving!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So watching it downstairs and then coming upstairs to post on the computer doesn't count?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So watching it downstairs and then coming upstairs to post on the computer doesn't count?

In hindsight it is perhaps the more sensible option! :lolol:

But not as much fun as sitting in a car for four hours.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Left on the final whistle. We were at entrance H so a short walk down the stairs back to our car, meant we were out of the car park promptly, and arrived back in Worthing by 12. Not sure what all the fuss was about!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
they should have a tube strike for EVERY home game

straight out the ground, straight down wembley way, no queuing, straight onto a tube. and we didnt leave until after the players had done their little 'thank the fans' thing

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
We left after 84 mins, straight onto a tube but they decided to terminate it at Waterloo so we got off at Green Park, intending to walk to Victoria. Just to check we asked the unhelpful steward bloke who told us it was going to LB, so we hopped back on, only to find it wasn't!! Then got a 2 min SE train to LB just in time for the 11.10 fcc.

Wasn't too bad, oh other than on the way up when they told us mid journey our train would not be stopping at LB, and we got lumped at blackfriars.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The rules are:

You must attend the game tonight
You must only leave when the final whistle is blown
You must describe your route back

The winner will wear a smug grin on their face for the remainder of the summer.

I have no chance as we are driving!!

Was all a big fuss about nothing last night. We thought we'd better leave early (by car) and ended up arriving before 4pm 'forcing' us to spend the best part of 4 hours in a pub.

Back in LA for 00:30, about the usual time from Wembley.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We left after 84 mins, straight onto a tube but they decided to terminate it at Waterloo so we got off at Green Park, intending to walk to Victoria. Just to check we asked the unhelpful steward bloke who told us it was going to LB, so we hopped back on, only to find it wasn't!! Then got a 2 min SE train to LB just in time for the 11.10 fcc.

Wasn't too bad, oh other than on the way up when they told us mid journey our train would not be stopping at LB, and we got lumped at blackfriars.

:thumbsup:

Also got told by the Underground Workers at Waterloo to get the Northern Line to London Bridge, I replied, haven't you heard there's a f***ing tube strike on. :laugh: :tosser:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Left at full time, waited in car park till 11.15, drove round North Circular and back home just after midnight.

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
got to victoria at 11, had to wait til 12.05 for the service to eastbourne which included the delight of a replacement bus betweeen lewes and eastbourne...got home at 2.30

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
You jammy gits! Left at full time only to then spend 2 hours, yes 2 hours! stranded on the top level of the car park opposite H entrance. It was a farce and I think our car park was the last one to get emptied at around 20 past midnight!! :nono: Finally made it home at 01:50AM well and truly knackered!

I think we were just unlucky with our allocated parking at the stadium. Most people were good humoured about it since the travel chaos was well publicised and we couldn't exactly moan about it. Bloody TFL workers, tossers!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
As I said in the other thread, I wont be rushing back to a night game at Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here