Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NHS and funding

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Getting fed up with the hard Brexit nonsense, and the party that made it all happen. Time they were punished, even if it means having beardy weirdy in charge for a bit.

:thumbsup:

Agreed. I'm not a Corbyn fan, but if it comes to a choice between being run by a conniving liar in the pockets of the disaster capitalists and a rather stupid, out-of-date old duffer, I'll take the latter. Look around - how could it POSSIBLY get any worse under Corbyn?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On the news Johnson is asked about expansion of privatisation in the NHS, he didn't answer even though he was asked twice.
What more do you need to know from the lying buffoon.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I have long felt that those who are put through state (uni) medical school in the UK, a massively subsidised exercise, should be duty bound to work in the NHS. If they want to work privately they should pay to go to private medical school. Or their parents should pay. This is a professional training programme, like being a trainee in the army. You don't go to Sandhurst only to **** off and join ISIS, FFS.

Or if they decide to work privately they payback 50% or more of the costs of training

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Getting fed up with the hard Brexit nonsense, and the party that made it all happen. Time they were punished, even if it means having beardy weirdy in charge for a bit.

:thumbsup:

Too high a cost me thinks, especially the effect on the economy if the bearded weirdy and the sinister Marxist held the levers of power. A coalition with some non extremists could, of course, hold them back to some extent.
For example,I hate to think of the effect their policies would have on many British companies listed on the stockmarket and the consequences for pension schemes invested in those companies. Many ordinary folk who do not have the benefit of cosy public sector pensions would suffer. You can't just nick 10% equity and expect life to carry on as normal!
Anyway, I am knackered, so can't be arsed to bang on any further.
Have a good weekend.
This Scotland supporter says, England to win the rugby and Seagulls to demolish the geezers from Norfolk.:thumbsup:
P.S.How did it ever come to this.?.......Boris or Jezza for PM!
Truly, even Jeffrey Archer couldn't come up with a storyline like this!

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Agreed. I'm not a Corbyn fan, but if it comes to a choice between being run by a conniving liar in the pockets of the disaster capitalists and a rather stupid, out-of-date old duffer, I'll take the latter. Look around - how could it POSSIBLY get any worse under Corbyn?

A little difficult to look around, but please cast your net further and think of Venezuala -that should do the trick.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I drive an ambulance for a living for East of England and deal with all people from all backgrounds every day.
The OP poses an understandable question, but the answer is a big no. Im very proud of my job, but the money is rubbish and the management even worse but I wouldn’t change it. I’ll be at work at 5am tomorrow, will miss the RWCF but it’s all good.
Having worked abroad for a long time the NHS is one of the few jewels we have, I’d like to see all parts of it in the NHS including the care homes, but what we have, however flawed is still amazing.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
An update on what I was saying yesterday about my wife's 17 year wait for an appointment to see a consultant in the three tier Irish health service for an eye problem - today she received a letter cancelling her appointment (due next week) for the fifth time in the last two years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ha ha ha... it took 8 days to get the CT scans St Richard’s took of my wife to our local hospital in Gillingham.

Also, every time I visit a different hospital with our little boy, who has multiple problems, I have to go through the whole story of his diagnosis and symptoms - joined up and easy, no!

My biggest argument for a proper IT system.

Even if they just started now it would be sorted in 20 years. Crazy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If he didn't answer, how can he be accused of lying?

Trust you to stick up for him.
Stop trying to be smart it doesn't suit you.
You know exactly what I meant.
He has said that the NHS is not for sale in the past and now he avoids answering the question, as good as lying.
He doesn't know what the truth is.
Mugs like you fall for it every time.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Trust you to stick up for him.
Stop trying to be smart it doesn't suit you.
You know exactly what I meant.
He has said that the NHS is not for sale in the past and now he avoids answering the question, as good as lying.
He doesn't know what the truth is.
Mugs like you fall for it every time.

Johnson is not going to say anything about NHS privatisation - the Tories and the Blairites have been supporting creeping privatisation for 30 years. Big pharma, private health and the insurance companies are licking their chops in the hope for a Tory victory and a Tory Brexit.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
f58c4b362f4e9e684abc020efcd5f8af.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If he didn't answer, how can he be accused of lying?

It's election time so Labour will play the usual 'Save the NHS card' using it as a political football. All rather disreputable and dishonest shroud waving in my view as the Tories know the NHS is held in high regard by the public, 'selling it off'/ privatisation would be politically suicidal for them ... not going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here