Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new UK national train website

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Am I alone in thinking that this new site is a pile of sh*te?

Talk about 'don't fix it if it ain;t broken'

There was nothing wrong with the old site......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is crap and trust me I am in the industry.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seems fine to me ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I always use NR, I must admit I prefer the old format but it still gives the same information, and I've managed to get used to the new one already, so see no problem..

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I always use NR, I must admit I prefer the old format but it still gives the same information, and I've managed to get used to the new one already, so see no problem..

Same.

It isn't shit, you're just not used to it. Has all the same information, and in my opinion, easier to find.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeah exactly, I like the bit where it tells you the 'changes', instead of clicking on it and scrolling down the page, you just hover your mouse.

Easy peasy.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yeah exactly, I like the bit where it tells you the 'changes', instead of clicking on it and scrolling down the page, you just hover your mouse.

Easy peasy.

That is the only benefit of it, as I can see.

However, I imagine like most things, it'll be alright when we're used to it...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh dear they've gone all "web 2.0".
however, theres nothing wrong with it and they fixed a major usability issue where it didnt use to remember the From/To/time info, which was a f***ing pain if comparing routes/times. Changes is dead good and shows the technical benefit of web 2 (but you dont have to shade and round off everything too)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hmmm, when is NSC ever going to go all web 2.0? it's still very 2003 in here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hmmm, when is NSC ever going to go all web 2.0? it's still very 2003 in here.

oi! no! you will not make NSC all gradient shadings, massive fonts, rounded edges* and general tonka toy look. its fine as it is, clean and functional.

*yes i know...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
National Rail still insist on giving stupid time durations for tube journeys. For example, it says my journey, on saturday, between London Bridge & London Euston is over 30 minutes - when I know for a FACT, it's 10 minutes - tops. Unless they include walking from the train to the underground, waiting for a tube, time on the tube, then walking to the train at Euston...even so, it's only about 20 minutes.

:cry:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It looks OK to me - apart from the fact that some of the mouse-over elements get obscured by other elements on the screen, and the animation in the American Express advert is a right pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here