Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Name for the Stadium ?

Lucy Seagull

Oct 17, 2009
My brother and I were having an argument over what to call the new Stadium.While Falmer is okay, some other Grounds have ones such as Standford Bridge, Chelsea, Highbury Arsenal. The Cop for Liverpool, or Old Trafford for Manchester United.

While Falmer is okay, my brother, after an argument believes it should be called the Prescott Stadium after John Prescott. I believe that Walsall have called there Ground this name. I prefer to call it The Knight Stadium after Dick Knight. What do others think on this over there hypothetical prefered name.Maybe it could be put to a vote, of Season Ticket Holders, et all ?

A good money raising scheme might be to have a wall of Supporters Bricks, where you pay Ten Pounds or so and have your name inscribed on the Brick, and then they are auctioned off for a wall somewhere in the new Stadium ? - What do others think.

We could also have some Statues of famous Brighton Players: Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora, and Gary Nelson, such as the one outside Wembley. Maybe that would be a waste of money. What do others think on this, and Who would be your favourite player to go into the Statue Composition ?

D

Deleted User X18H

My brother and I were having an argument over what to call the new Stadium.While Falmer is okay, some other Grounds have ones such as Standford Bridge, Chelsea, Highbury Arsenal. The Cop for Liverpool, or Old Trafford for Manchester United.

While Falmer is okay, my brother, after an argument believes it should be called the Prescott Stadium after John Prescott. I believe that Walsall have called there Ground this name. I prefer to call it The Knight Stadium after Dick Knight. What do others think on this over there hypothetical prefered name.Maybe it could be put to a vote, of Season Ticket Holders, et all ?

A good money raising scheme might be to have a wall of Supporters Bricks, where you pay Ten Pounds or so and have your name inscribed on the Brick, and then they are auctioned off for a wall somewhere in the new Stadium ? - What do others think.

We could also have some Statues of famous Brighton Players: Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora, and Gary Nelson, such as the one outside Wembley. Maybe that would be a waste of money. What do others think on this, and Who would be your favourite player to go into the Statue Composition ?
This is a wind up. And don't blaming me!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ignoring the fact that this thread was either a wind up or started by a "special" person, how about the "Fixtures" stadium? :jester:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Ha sno one thought of asking this yet??:shootself:wozza::US:

We could also have some Statues of famous Brighton Players: Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora, and Gary Nelson, such as the one outside Wembley. Maybe that would be a waste of money. What do others think on this, and Who would be your favourite player to go in
to the Statue Composition ?

Has no one thought of asking this yet??:shootself:wozza::US:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a shit 4000th post by me^^^ I feel ashamed. Though to be fair it doesn't include the old NSC...

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
it doesnt matter what the club call it, the fans ill name it with the "..are you going don the... today".I will stick to calling it the goldstone but maybe something else will take over

Tuks

Jan 24, 2010
Kenilworth, Warwickshire
The walls a good idea but its not very original... i prefer the idea of having your name on the back of a chair
I quite like The Falmar and its a term everyong currently uses so ill stick with that

a statue would have to be a bronze Foster statue with a white marble headband!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Chelsea play at Stamford Bridge, Arsenal left Highbury several years ago and now play at the Emirates, Liverpool play at Anfield in front of the Kop but you were at least right that Old Trafford is Manchester United's ground.

Well done

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Chelsea play at Stamford Bridge, Arsenal left Highbury several years ago and now play at the Emirates, Liverpool play at Anfield in front of the Kop but you were at least right that Old Trafford is Manchester United's ground.

Well done

Its a wind up "the Prescott" (bescott)

Lucy Seagull

Oct 17, 2009
Sorry about mistyping the Stadium names for the Premier League Clubs. I do not follow the Premier League that much. Besides, they tend to dominate alot of the Press, and TV stations coverage for the obvious reason they are the top division.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think Palace's name for it is quite good......'The New Camp'......:D

you were at least right that Old Trafford is Manchester United's ground.
I believe it is named after the nearby international cricket ground.

We should call our new stadium The County Ground. It would be UNIQUE and remind people that the football club isn't just a Brighton and Hove thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here