Votes: 14 16.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 11 13.1%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
At first i was not sure if i liked the new badge. The letters looked too small, yellow beak a little too different ect ect. But now i am used to it i really like it. It is classy, uncluttered and easy on the eye.
How do you feel about the new badge now after a few weeks?

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
I think HCQ's Avatar version with the B&HA all together, rather than the Albion being separate at the bottom, looks so much better.

HCQ's font is also nicer, as is the shade of blue used.

To summarise, I like HCQ's version. Damn it! I did like the new official one (despite the albion looking odd on it's own), but now I'm not so keen. It could have been much better (in my opinion, which I'm entitled to have)

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Really like the new badge however the original will always be the best - this thread goes to show what great days these are. Discussing what we think of the new club badge and not having to worry about administration, relegation etc. Happy happy days!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I like the new seagull, but going back to the round badge doesn't quite make up the fact that the font is all wrong.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I am just glad it's round again. I never got used to the shield if I'm honest.

Comparing the new badge with HCQ's, i think the lettering looks better on the new badge, simpler and tidier and classier although i have to admit i prefer the colour of HCQ's effort.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I like the new seagull, but going back to the round badge doesn't quite make up the fact that the font is all wrong.

When i first saw the new badge i agreed with your opinion Ev, but it has grown on me and i like the font, it gives the badge a simplistic classy look (IMO)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Like it but slightly pissed off it's changed at all as I have the current badge as a tattoo which is now going to be wrong :facepalm:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
arra.png

This with the 1901 on it and it would like the font spacing improved

Attachments

• seagullbadge.jpg
    seagullbadge.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 376

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Whilst it is obviously very similar to our old badge, I don't agree at all with the idea that it is retro. On the contrary, I actually think it's quite modern looking and minimalist - if anything our current badge has more of an older feel to it.

I don't think I'd actually change anything about the new badge to be honest, I like it. :)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I really like it.

Of course there was a brief moment of disorientation with the seagull flying towards the right, but now I'm used to seeing him heading that way I think it's just about perfect. Let's be honest, they could really have f***ed this up but they haven't.

Good job.

:thumbsup:

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
eees complicated.

The idea of retro will always be an interesting concept. You please the historical crowd with their early memories, but distance yourself from the younger followers who can only relate in past pictures having got used to the current identity.

The latest is a clever mix, a touch of the old in the shape and the Seagull, lose the overly used 60's, 70's and 80's font of Eurostile (will happily be corrected on that) with an identity of something that the new generation can attach themselves to without feeling second best.

The Eurostile history.
Eurostile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think of the Addidas logo, still three stripes just tweaked a little, total changes are a dangerous thing. Over 60 years old but still true to original creators ideals, the very suavely named, Adi Dassler.
BEST LOGOS - WORLDS BEST LOGOS and BRANDS: Logo History

A case of trying to please all the people all of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here