Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the names bond. james bond... 'shortlist' of2 announced...

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050225/140/fd8zh.html

clive owen and craig david, er, daniel (Who??) announced friday as the main contenders for the next 00 pat, after Pierce and the film co 'could not agree terms..'

Clive a dead cert, cos i never heard of Craig fella..

what happened to Colin Ssalmon? I thought he was pretty much confirmed, a few week ago?

all this PR claptrap is detracting from the status of these films.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Wasnt Craig in Road to Perdition? Agree though, hardly a household name - what about Robert Carlyle?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Wasnt Craig in Road to Perdition? Agree though, hardly a household name - what about Robert Carlyle?

Cant have Robert Carlyle, hes been a baddie agaisnt Pierce Brosnan

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Daniel Craig is the chap from Layer Cake.

Id say he's a shoe in precisely because he's not well known. Other than Moore, Bonds have always been relativly unknown so that its about the character not the actor.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The last few bond films have been so dire, they should call it a day and leave the series with some credibility.

One Christmas I went to see my friend in London.His shops on Baker Street and after the days receipts we went on a pub crawl.We ended up at this electro-store and I spy the entire James Bond Collection on DVD.So I buy the twenty Dvds and we continue our crawl and end up at Highbury.Next morning I'm training back to Sussex,stop in the Hole fer a quick one and home.Once inside I look round my room and realize,I don't own a DVD player.I,ve had them for three years in the same box and never played them.My mate in London still tell his friends this story to all sorts of puzzled response.Most to fits of laughter.

Silly Man I Is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Christian Bale should have got the Gig imho. He has the looks, the Charisma and is the best actor in the frame by a mile. The only thing against him is he is young at 30 when Bonds is typically a middle aged bloke in his mid 40's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here