Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Most You've Paid For An Event

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Events can be costly, as some are finding with Oasis. But have you ever looked at a happening and thought 'whatever. I could cut back on cigarettes and alcohol and just roll with it' then purchased a massively expensive ticket ?

The most I've ever paid is £120 for a touts ticket to see England win the Ashes at the Oval in 2009. Worth it, yes.

But what have other folk thought 'f*** it' and done. And was it worth it ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I paid about £120 a ticket when me and the missus went in the posh seats for the Citeh semi final a few years ago.

For a gig I have never paid more that £40, and that was for The Midnight a couple of years ago.

However, 20 years ago my ex-wife spent £200 for a ticket to see Leonard Cohen from a scalper, and it turned out to be a fake ticket, and I ended up paying for it. So that would be it. :shootself

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
London Olympics super saturday, paid about the same as it costs today for platinum tickets to watch a couple of aging crack heads.

Felt too much at the time but considering what followed I felt it was justified for a once in a lifetime evening

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've paid about £150 for a meal but was so inebriated that I can't remember the precise amount nor where or how many places we were at.
I did pay about E300 for a meal for the three of us last month, and it was well worth it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For an event ticket it would be day two (Red for Ruth day) at Lord's against the West Indies this year. 100% worth it as it was a) Jimmy's last test and I saw him get a wicket and b) it wasn't day three. However, those reading the test thread yesterday will be aware I jumped at the chance of a ticket BEFORE asking how much it was (£115).

Overall and in total it's going to take a lot to beat Amsterdam last season. Paying for me and a 17 year old who was delighted they were serving him without asking for ID. Credit card got absolutely mullered. I'd also do that again tomorrow given the chance.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Regularly pay £500+ for two tickets to Glyndebourne. It's our one big treat of the year and we go for the best seats. (Saw Carmen this year).
Yeah, we do the same. My schedule is normally a nice seat for one opera and stand for one or two more (standing tickets are amazing value).

I didn't go this year as I thought the programme was absolute pony but next year's looks awesome and I may have to fork out for two operas.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Paid about £350 each for a five course meal at a Michelin star restaurant in Knightsbridge, included all the pre meal cocktails and wine pairings, port afterwards. Even got to go back and meet the Chef and see the kitchen. Was a brilliant night out, we were both suited and booted, felt fantastic.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
£130 for Sunset Boulevard to see Glenn Close at the Coliseum
$250 for a gala performance of The Phantom of the Opera in Vegas
However much Glastonbury was, if that counts
About £500 for Michael Jackson “This is It” (refunded)

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
In terms of cost against time at a main event, Hatton V Pacquiao is up there for me.
At least the Mayweather fight went more rounds..

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I've paid more for Mini Exile to go to concerts than I have for me - £220 her most expensive ticket so far, but for myself it was probably our recent semi final against Man United. I wasn't sure I could go until the last minute and paid more than I'd have wanted to as not many seats were left by that point. Can't remember how much but around £120 I think.

Most expensive from a tout was the £50 paid for the England v Germany last game at the old Wembley. I wasn't able to go until a change of plans for work that morning so turned up at the ground more in hope than expectation, kept being told £100+ by touts, but just like England v Spain in Euro 96 the touts seemed to have a lot of spares still going just before kick-off and the prices were tumbling fast thankfully. (England v Spain I paid about £20 from memory, and remember coming out of the stadium to see a pile of unused tickets on the ground. Crazy to think now what the demand would be.)

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
£165 each for me and Mrs Kubes for the Wimbledon mens semi finals a few years back. Murray, Tsonga, Djokovic and Federer. Absolute bargain given the quality and stature of the players!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£250ish for the World Cup Semi final in Moscow. That was face value as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here