Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most GUTTED you've ever been after a game?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
For me, The Germany 96 game.

I have just watched THIS video on youtube, and I urge you all to give it a go (spoilt by Jimmy Hill admittedly).
YouTube - BBC Euro 96 England Germany PART 1 intro and build-up

I can't bring myself to watch the actual match, but the build up is unbelievable. Three Lions, You'll never walk alone - brilliant. A semi-final of a major Championship in our own back yard, doubt we'll ever see that again to be honest.

Admittedly, I was only 8 at the time, but the tears after that were APPROPRIATE.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Notts County was gut wrenchingly saddeningly awful. The 0-5 hurt but angered me as much as anything else.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The 8-2 home defeat to Bristol Rovers

I remember that as being a bit surreal, Albion fans cheering as we got the last goal. But the 0-4 a few days earlier was gutting. Walton & Hersham :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
England losing to Portugal on pens at Euro 2004

I watched that in my local, and at the end a young lad of about 9 or 10 was sobbing his eyes out, and his dad (I presume) put a consoling, comforting arm around his shoulders, and uttered the immortal words "There there now son, you'd better get used to it. You're an England fan"
:laugh:

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
oh and i'll add, portugal 2006. was on my 18th birthday and had to go on holiday to sodding portugal the following day :(

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
World Cup 1998. Argentina 2-2 England Argentina Win 4-3 on penalties.

So far this year: Cheltenham home, after dropping 2 points in the last kick the game before, i was so pissed off.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
77/78 home match v Blackpool, with Southampton and Spurs contriving to draw 0-0 and deny us promotion. I thought we'd never get the chance of playing in the (then) First Division ever again but luckily I was proved wrong the next season.

Was pretty gutted after the Notts County play-off match too, as I really thought we'd beat them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here