Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Monday Rant

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
OK, here's today's moan-in. The question is: what, in every day life, really disproportionately makes your blood boil? I am not talking about the usual wankers on the telly, or people on the radio talking shite, I mean when you are out and about, stuff which makes you want to kill in cold blood...? This is a rant about what people do rather than what they say.

I'l start...

1. People ahead of me in the bus queue who don't get their money out of their purse/pocket until they get to the driver, and then say, 'how much is it?'. And THEN fumble around for change.

2. Clipboard operatives in Western Road. I appreciate they are looking to raise money for international cheridees, but I'm not.

3. Er... I am sure one or two more will spring to mind.

GO...

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Old bids in supermarkets that block the entire aisle whislt they stop and chat. :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
RoyalAli said:
Work keeping me 30 minutes after I finish.
Running low on Petrol, and not finding a petrol station
West Ham fans who think they're still a big club
People who've never been to Reading, yet still slagg it off.
South Central trains.
Football stewards who tell you to sit down.
People who don't sing at games, then complain nobody is singing.
Small away allocations.
Customers who glare at you when you're serving somebody else.
Loyalty cards. No, I don't want a credit card with "Topman" written on it.
Neale Barry.
People cycling on the road when there's a cycle path.
not having batteries when you need them
Same with lightbulbs.
Throws. People but red sofas because they want a red sofa, not so they can throw a piece of blanket on it.
Application forms with stupid questions on them.
My girlfriend telling me not to look at the legs of girls in miniskirts - they're wearing miniskirts because they want people to look at thier legs.
People who talk like a gangster without being ironic.
People who are good at everything and let you know it.
Manufactured music.
Not having a USB port free when you need one.
Excessive cheese on anything, especially pasta.
Getting an even number of balls on table football, and drawing.
People who judge me as bad because I'm a Reading fan.
White socks and sandals.
Fog
Cds that jump.
Thick Pizza.
Playing pool, and the person you're playing potting the black before anything else. - game over before its begun
People who tell you to do something because they can't be arsed to do it yourself.
Having my cutlery the wrong way round when laid on a table.
The North stand at the Madejski. they think they're loud, they're not.

That's quite a rant. Is it because you live in a shithole called Reading? Not that I've been there, of course.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Royal Ali, class post mate :lolol:

For me it has to be, er, mm,

Colleagues who don't seem to give a toss about their job, our customers or other people who work here.

You know, the type that think you're always complaining, when all you are doing is trying to ensure the customer gets what he wants so that he comes back and buys more, thus ensuring that we all get paid. :angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
People that moan about me taking a five minute fag break when they don't smoke. Go and buy a coffee or something.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
just got back from Gatwick. Why is it that people in airports have no real clue ? They just seem to stop anywhere and block thoroughfairs or else throw their case laden trolleys around oblivious to people walking along minding their own business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here