Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Missus Needs A Treat

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm thinking of giving the missus a proper good time this weekend, nothing pervy, just a right few quid spent on a a weekend away fairly local (couple of hours drive max ) and a nice meal or two. Any NSC tips?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I suspect some responses may not be totally helpful...

But personally, I'd recommend Dorset and book yourselves into a nice pub somewhere like Corfe Castle and then spend a weekend enjoying a change of scenery!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Eastbourne?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I not right in thinking you married her recently.
If I'm right, don't bother, job done!!!!!!!!!.

I will agree with Dorset, personally I'd go slightly further down the coast, Bridport Lyme etc.
Then u can always pop into places like Weymouth or Exeter for more life.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Am I not right in thinking you married her recently.
If I'm right, don't bother, job done!!!!!!!!!.

Absolutely spot on, got married a month ago, but she's also pregnant and I've been spending too much time in the pub recently, so I thought it might be nice to spend a bit of quality time before the baby bombshell.

Agree on Dorest, but was in Lyme last year and Corfe area in April. Still, could be worth another visit...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Up to London, nice hotel, tickets for a show (Les Mis / Phantom), breakfast in bed next day, then a stroll around one of the Royal Parks (St James' is fantasic).

An unforgetable weekend

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Keep it local, Amberley Castle, absolutly beautiful place. Food is 1st class, and the scenery is wonderful.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That looks just the ticket and was thinking about Mal Maison in Oxford already - the converted jail near the castle.

Ah, yes. Haven't stayed there, as I was a student when I lived there, but heard good things about it. Definitely a stay with a difference and rather quirky.

THere are some lovely parks around Oxford and worth a swift drink in The Turf Tavern if you can wangle a pub visit.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Absolutely spot on, got married a month ago, but she's also pregnant and I've been spending too much time in the pub recently, so I thought it might be nice to spend a bit of quality time before the baby bombshell.

Agree on Dorest, but was in Lyme last year and Corfe area in April. Still, could be worth another visit...

Try Bramber lovely place not far away 2 or 3 pubs an indian , chinese and tollgate restaurant all with in 50 yards of each other.Went there with the wife this weekend spot on stayed at the Castle hotel pub, indian right next door.:clap2:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
What about the De Vere Grand Harbour in Southampton? 5 star luxury with spa facilities on site and you can explore the New Forest etc from there

And you can usually get quite reasonable rates for late booking

Proper nice hotel it is too...much better than the one in Brighton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm thinking of giving the missus a proper good time this weekend, nothing pervy, just a right few quid spent on a a weekend away fairly local (couple of hours drive max ) and a nice meal or two. Any NSC tips?

How about a flight to Le Touquet from Shoreham? 45 minutes flight, lunch, a walk along the seafront, night in hotel. Laze around, fly home.

http://www.skysouth.co.uk/

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I think we are forgetting the wonders of the Isle Of Wight. The attractions are often listed on postcards. These include:

Needles you cannot thread
Freshwater you cannot drink
Cowes you cannot milk
Newport you cannot bottle
Lake you can walk through and stay dry
Ryde where you walk! and two newer wonders...
Newtown which is old
Winkle street where there are no winkles

Portsmouth to Ryde return on foot is £13 each. I was researching it only yesterday. :thumbsup: Taking a bike is good fun to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here