Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Mint

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What the hell is this shit?

In the old days, TV finished late at night. Nothing on until the next morning. Then we had stuff through the night - brilliant if you were up or had to be up.

Now, ITV have a programme running from midnight until 4am which involves a 'quiz' where people phone up to win thousands of pounds. Obviously they coin it in from the phone calls.Some presenters have been talking for what must be 10 minutes or more now despite one of them just saying "we don't leave it ages between callers".

This is appalling. Take us back to no through-the-night TV again.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
It's a crock of old shite and no mistake. It was one of th things ITV were allowed to do once the regulators had decided that it could be a single company, and not really bother with that many proper programmes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
testcard_800.jpg

Better?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Bozza said:
What the hell is this shit?

In the old days, TV finished late at night. Nothing on until the next morning. Then we had stuff through the night - brilliant if you were up or had to be up.

Now, ITV have a programme running from midnight until 4am which involves a 'quiz' where people phone up to win thousands of pounds. Obviously they coin it in from the phone calls.Some presenters have been talking for what must be 10 minutes or more now despite one of them just saying "we don't leave it ages between callers".

This is appalling. Take us back to no through-the-night TV again.

You didn't win then? :lolol:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Was I the only kid who was freaked out by what seems to be a bald, shiny, severed head staring at the girl from bottom right?

I used to stare at it trying to work out what it was, unable to take my eyes of something that appalled and terrified me.

Perhaps it was just me..... :down:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I won £500 on it for correctly identifying the missing word water-----? I guessed Water Cupboard and got one of the lower prizes.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
crodonilson said:
I won £500 on it for correctly identifying the missing word water-----? I guessed Water Cupboard and got one of the lower prizes.

How much have you spent calling in, if you don't mind me asking?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Appalling late night drivel (I only get to see it because I often come in and stick the telly on, working shifts :lolol: )

Must be a decent chance of winning though, what with (a) them hardly having any callers and (b) most of the callers being thick anyway.

I've also noticed they have MAJOR celebrity guests...like...(drum roll)...Cheryl Baker!!!!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
jonny.rainbow said:
How much have you spent calling in, if you don't mind me asking?

I phoned in about a dozen times. I think it's about 60p per call so about 7 quid in total at a guess.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Highly likely that the Treasury will declare that they should be regarded as lotteries. That will mean they will have to dramtically change the format or pull them off the air. Lotteries cannot be run for private profit.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When I phoned in I had the pleasure to speak to someone who used to be in reality series 'the salon'.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here