Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Millwall question

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Reading through the posts on their fans site I was struck by the fact that there seems to be a strong feeling amongst them that they are upholding some kind of pure and admirable tradition of football fandom that would otherwise become extinct. They liken us to clubs like Watford and Reading insomuch as we encourage families to attend the games and we have other forms of entertainment before the match and at half-time. The fact that, with a small minority of exceptions, we actually attend football games for the social experience and for what goes on on the pitch seems to be anathema to them. Their agenda, which they like to dress up as 'football fandom as it was and always should be', clearly prioritises uninhibited intimidation and abuse of the opposition over any other aspects of the experience. Interesting, from an anthropological aspect but ultimately I feel sorry for them. This is what their miserable destructive lives amount to? Perhaps next time they visit we should have some counselling booths set up and invest in some effective post-traumatic therapy to help these deeply unhappy people re-enter society for the good of all.

Or I suppose we could just gas them again.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sorry, what's the question?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reading through the posts on their fans site I was struck by the fact that there seems to be a strong feeling amongst them that they are upholding some kind of pure and admirable tradition of football fandom that would otherwise become extinct. They liken us to clubs like Watford and Reading insomuch as we encourage families to attend the games and we have other forms of entertainment before the match and at half-time. The fact that, with a small minority of exceptions, we actually attend football games for the social experience and for what goes on on the pitch seems to be anathema to them. Their agenda, which they like to dress up as 'football fandom as it was and always should be', clearly prioritises uninhibited intimidation and abuse of the opposition over any other aspects of the experience. Interesting, from an anthropological aspect but ultimately I feel sorry for them. This is what their miserable destructive lives amount to? Perhaps next time they visit we should have some counselling booths set up and invest in some effective post-traumatic therapy to help these deeply unhappy people re-enter society for the good of all.

Yup. Sounds f***ing boring, doesn't it? Much rather go to the FOOTBALL for the FOOTBALL. Pretty depressing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words [MENTION=242]Hornblower[/MENTION]. What a miserable state of affairs for them but I guess that's why they will always be a pointless tin-pot club. No-one looks at them and thinks "I wish we were more like Millwall"

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

Highly amusing highlighted sentence!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here