Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Media

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Is it just me or are we being given the shit end of the stick in the media?

I watched Meriian last night and listened to a load of Nimby's saying that Prescott had ruled out Falmer. I waited for a voice of reason to come on and actually explain what has happened. nowt.

The same again this morning on Southern FM. A load of Nimbys talking rubbish but no couter argument from our side.

Obviously the Nimbys and ourselves are bound to have a biased view on this. Would it be impossible for the media to employ a neutral planning expert to comment on Prescotts report.

I get the destinct feeling that when the Nimbys read the letter they read the inspectors report again and mistook it for Prescotts report?

I STILL don't understand how they can interpret the letter as Falmer ruled out? But then to broadcast their views as FACT?!?!!?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Does it really matter at the end of the day? The end result is all I care about, and Im still not sure what Prescott means!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Albion Dan said:
Does it really matter at the end of the day? The end result is all I care about, and Im still not sure what Prescott means!

Very true. But you make a good point. If you don;t know what it means, and I'm pretty damn sure the Nimbys haven't got a clue. Wouldn't it make sense for the media to adopt a neutral view and get an expert in to let us know what he thinks?

I'm still firmly of the view that it is a moral victiry for us and if I were a Nimby the last thing I'd be doing is celerating!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The NIMBYs are spinning the media for all they're worth, and you wouldn't expect them to do anything else. Prescott's ruling falls into a very grey and complex area almost completely in-between 'yes' and 'no', and, just as we can see it one way, they can see it in another. It would be naive to expect them not to be out trying to give their interpretation of it.

But yes, it is frustrating that our view isn't getting equivalent coverage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here