Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The legends on Saturday

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was a bit dissappointed to be honest.

Would have been great to see Bobby Z., Robbie Reinelt, Micky Adams, Johnny Crumplin, Gary Nelson.

Of course they may have been invited and not available, and I'm sure numbers had to be limited, however .....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Would have been great to see Bobby Z., Robbie Reinelt, Micky Adams, Johnny Crumplin, Gary Nelson.

Of course they may have been invited and not available, and I'm sure numbers had to be limited, however .....
I must admit I was at least expecting Robbie Reinelt. It would also have been nice to see a little clip of each on of them 'in action' on the big screen, plus I thought that as it was a 'parade' they might do a lap of honour so that we'd get a chance to applaud them up close.

PS - This is not a moan! It just wasn't quite what I was expecting.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps in all the work this got forgotten a bit. Nice to see Wardy and all the others though.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I would assume that Zamora and Adams are preparing for the new season with their clubs - - Fulham are playing some unheard of Croation outfit in the Europa League this week. adams is making sure Port Vale players can run and run and run

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Much as I admired Gary Hobson for his effort and commitment on the pitch during those dark days, he must have felt a tiny bit out of his depth on Saturday.

Good luck to him though....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Loved it when Harty came out in shorts and flip flops, and the rest of them in a full whistle. OGH :bowdown:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I had the pleasure of having a chat with Hart in a boozer on Friday night, swear he was in the same ensemble, legend.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Was Steve Foster there? I know he recieved an invitation but a close source told me he wasn't intending to go. That was about a week ago.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
On a similar theme, how does Leon Knight get to be part of our heroes walk outside the ground but no Gary Hart or Kuipers.

I appreciate that Knight scored the goal at the Play Off final but can't see how he can be considered a legend.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la

I spoke to Gary Nelson at a wedding reception a week ago friday at the Amex and asked him does he meet with any former players or have any thing to do with the Albion, his reply was apart from the window etching and the legends banners on concourse no other links with the club but he does with Charlton, which suprised me a little! He will always be remembered by the fans who saw him play.:thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I also was surprised Mullery & gary Stevens, both who live not too far away, were not there, as well as Coppel and Horton, who have always supported our efforts

From more recent times, how about Salde? he would have got a fine reception, as would Steve Gritt.

Oh and wouldn't it have been nice to bring on Archer, bellotti & Stanley!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What the f*** was Dean White doing there? Actually he was probably there to FIX the jumbo trons.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
who actually WAS there?

i cannot believe that they wouldn't have invited reinelt - you can stick him in that bracket of people who we wouldn't have a stadium without

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here