Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The legends on Saturday

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not sure who of these turned up but most, if not all of them were on the guest list. Like someone said, busy time for those still involved in footy.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
who actually WAS there?

i cannot believe that they wouldn't have invited reinelt - you can stick him in that bracket of people who we wouldn't have a stadium

I'll probably need some help with this, but names I can remember:

Gary Hart, Gordon Smith, Michel Kuipers, Stuart Storer, Peter Ward, Mark McGhee, Barry Lloyd,

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'll probably need some help with this, but names I can remember:

Gary Hart, Gordon Smith, Michel Kuipers, Stuart Storer, Peter Ward, Mark McGhee, Barry Lloyd,

Chris Cattlin, DEAN WHITE!, Gary Hobson. Possibly Bob Booker as well but not sure on that one.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Chris Cattlin, DEAN WHITE!, Gary Hobson. Possibly Bob Booker as well but not sure on that one.

dean white - fantastic :bowdown:

they MUST have invited reinelt in that case - i cant believe a man who played the key role of carting about an oversized tactics board and screaming inaudible nonsense down a phone while looking like a total plebian in the technical area would receive one but not the guy who scored the goal that kept the club in existence

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Garry Nelson was invited I believe so shame he couldn't make it. As someone else mentioned, I think his main affiliation is really with Charlton these days although he's fond of the Albion obviously.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like to see some people from the promotion-winning side of 57-58 at the Amex at some point. I believe Adrian Thorne is still alive but there must be some more around.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I also was surprised Mullery & gary Stevens, both who live not too far away, were not there, as well as Coppel and Horton, who have always supported our efforts

From more recent times, how about Salde? he would have got a fine reception, as would Steve Gritt.

Oh and wouldn't it have been nice to bring on Archer, bellotti & Stanley!!!!

Gary Stevens, as anyone reading the programme would know, is now the assistant manager to Tony Adams for the Azarbajan national team

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Booker and White, presumably, were invited as the most obvious contituents of the disenfranchised Withdean era - the guys who didn't quite make it to Falmer. They are not Brighton legends, but I think this was a smart piece of diplomacy by the club and a nice touch.

Who knows who received or refused invitations, but I would have liked to have seen a series of parades, 1 from each of our 'star' teams of the past. Particularly disappointing not to see greats like Mullery, Horton, Foster, Nelson, Case, Wilson, Byrne, Liam Brady, Glen Thomas, Mahoney Johnson etc

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
dean white - fantastic :bowdown:

they MUST have invited reinelt in that case - i cant believe a man who played the key role of carting about an oversized tactics board and screaming inaudible nonsense down a phone while looking like a total plebian in the technical area would receive one but not the guy who scored the goal that kept the club in existence

Scotty, sarcasm is the lowest for of wit. In fact, if wit were shit you would be constipated. Your comments are born out of ignorance.

I have enlightened you before as to the worth of Dean White to this club. He was immense, and made a tremendous contribution to the signing of most of the star names brought to the Albion during his time here. At the club he was known as Tonto, because of his scouting abilities.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Spoke to Stuart Storer on Saturday and he said that Robbie Reinelt was invited but was playing!
Also, Gary Williams, Tony Towner and a few other ex-players were there but didn't get invited on
to the pitch. Maybe it was a time thing?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Spoke to Stuart Storer on Saturday and he said that Robbie Reinelt was invited but was playing!
Also, Gary Williams, Tony Towner and a few other ex-players were there but didn't get invited on
to the pitch. Maybe it was a time thing?

... or perhaps they were invited on, but the PA was not working when their name was called out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here