Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The League Cup Show

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
cheers for that! was actually getting really bored and this is perfect bedtime t.v :p

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe we should have signed Kyle Bennett, that goal was Elliot-esque.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Buckely thing is very odd!
But, is that a foul? If it is you're really making the bicycle kick illegal.
Also, the penalty: A lot of people saying it was soft, but the replay doesn't look that soft. He goes for the ball (if he touches it at all it's very slight and Buckley can still get to it and score) and trips Buckley. Ok he didn't exactly clatter him but that's a penalty imo.
I didn't notice for the red card tackle Gus was actually on the pitch! lols.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Overhead kicks are only legal if they are safe to do, so what buckley did was a foul. (seriously that's what the laws of the game have to say about it). I'm sure it's been argued in other threads about the fairness of punishment depending on the degree of injury suffered, but I've never seen an overhead kick declared a foul when no one has been hurt, which does seem a little unfair (if the player hadn't leaned in to head the ball he wouldn't have got kicked, so it wouldn't have been awarded as a foul even though Buckley wouldn't have done anything different).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having watched it for the first time on TV from what I could see I think that the player caught Buckleys back leg and that the decision was correct, it was a trip.
They didn't show it on TV but I think that if the trip that brought about the yellow card for the No 8 wasn't a professional foul I don't know what is so should have been a red.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
The Buckely thing is very odd!
Also, the penalty: A lot of people saying it was soft, but the replay doesn't look that soft. He goes for the ball (if he touches it at all it's very slight and Buckley can still get to it and score) and trips Buckley. Ok he didn't exactly clatter him but that's a penalty imo.
I didn't notice for the red card tackle Gus was actually on the pitch! lols.

from my seat i was at the left of the goal post and had a clear view of what happen and it was not a penalty in my eyes but the amount of red cards they should of had i feel in this case 2 wrongs make a right ;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Overhead kicks are only legal if they are safe to do, so what buckley did was a foul. (seriously that's what the laws of the game have to say about it). I'm sure it's been argued in other threads about the fairness of punishment depending on the degree of injury suffered, but I've never seen an overhead kick declared a foul when no one has been hurt, which does seem a little unfair (if the player hadn't leaned in to head the ball he wouldn't have got kicked, so it wouldn't have been awarded as a foul even though Buckley wouldn't have done anything different).

Is this not down to interpretation of the rules of the game and my interpretation is that a kick with both feet off of the ground is dangerous play.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good watch :thumbsup:

3 yellow cards were shown as a result of the scuffle (2 to Brighton ???)

Leeroy did get confused on the Buckley overhead didn't he

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A scissors or bicycle kick is permissable provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent

(pg115) http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affe...e_2011_12e.pdf

as I said down to individual interpretation one ref could say it was dangerous and another say not, even if a player isn't in contact with the kicker. If I was a ref and there was a player within 1 metre of the raised feet I would consider that dangerous in case a player attempted to get the ball.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
from my seat i was at the left of the goal post and had a clear view of what happen and it was not a penalty in my eyes but the amount of red cards they should of had i feel in this case 2 wrongs make a right ;)

i was in fron row of NS the challenge was right in from of me. Although i can be seen leaping from my seat to appeal for a pen, it was not. perhaps the slightest of commings together. Way less then lualua on Sat. Buckly got a little tied up with his own legs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here