Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Latest on Lua Lua?

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Does anyone know how lua lua is coming along?? are Newcastle in a position now, (when he's fit) to let him go out on loan again??? to be honest i can see him breaking into the first team and that being that. Was great when we had him hope we can buy him if if wants the move and newcastle let him go..

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think how far Newcastle crash and burn under Pardew will be the deciding factor.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
i agree, lets hope the 35mil they have will be the deciding factor in letting us have him.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
If Ashley lets Pardew or whoever is their manager at the end of the season spend the money, then I would hope we can put a decent bid in for him. If his contract is up in the summer, then it would have to be one of the all time great robberies if we got him on a free! Can't see KLL making their first team, especially when Ben Arfa is fit again.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Have a mate who is a Brighton fan/season ticket holder and he says Lua Lua has been their best player this year and head or shoulders above any other player he has seen in the League."

And his fan mate is wrong. Commonly agreed on here at the time that Elliott Bennett is our player of the year I thought.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
According to this website Kazenga LuaLua - Player profile - transfermarkt.co.uk his contract expires at the end of the season.

Of course, he would only be available free, if Newcastle were not to offer the same terms or an improved deal. Otherwise the two clubs would have to decide on a transfer fee, going to the tribunal if no fee can be agreed.

Edit:

Dated February 2010

Lua Lua today said :

“I don’t really know about my future there.

After this season I’ve got one more year.

“I have been playing for Newcastle’s reserves for about five years now and I don’t want to keep playing for the reserves, so maybe in the summer it will be time for me to move.”

“We’ll see what happens. I have come here for a month and I will try to do my best in that time.

“If the manager would then like me to stay I’ll have no problem with that. I have come here to enjoy it, play more and help the team get more points.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
please Gus can we get him on loan till the end of this season then sign him up

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Indeed if he goes on loan somewhere else it's up in the air. If he comes back here for a (3rd?) loan you'd think we'd be front runners to sign him provided we matched contract terms with any other Champ clubs.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Is anyone else concerned that he seems a bit injury prone. In cases like this it doesn't take a lot to knock the edge off his speed, which is his main asset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here