Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It would certainly be an interesting Venn diagram of the cheerleaders and critics across the cheerleading and critiquing threads :laugh:

View attachment 189408View attachment 189409

It's almost like a small clique or echo chamber are taking over threads and making the board unusable for others.

IMG_3860.png
IMG_3861.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why am I being screen grabbed and pasted on here?

As a point of fact I’ve been rather objective on here.

I had a genuine change of mind about the heating allowance.

I’m severely critical of Starmers’ freebies

In fact I don’t like Starmer very much at all

But I do think Labour need a chance to repair the Tory damage.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have commented on it in answer to another poster.

Apparently it's bad when the centre left take over but fine when those criticising them do :shrug:
You seem to be under the impression that those “taking over” are resurgent right wingers buoyed by Labour’s f*** ups. I don’t see that at all. There’s POTG, rightbrainronnie and nevergoagain who are of the partisan sort.

But the majority of people posting were desperately unhappy with the Tories and certainly not of the right. Most of us gave the Tories the shoeing they deserved for their awful government.

Political allegiance is not relevant to mistakes, miscalculation and hubris in government and I’d call out any government making decisions which I hate.

You should do the same. Make them work for you.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why am I being screen grabbed and pasted on here?

As a point of fact I’ve been rather objective on here.

I had a genuine change of mind about the heating allowance.

I’m severely critical of Starmers’ freebies

In fact I don’t like Starmer very much at all

But I do think Labour need a chance to repair the Tory damage.
I wasn’t actually referencing you, you just happen to be in the screenshot as collateral damage - hence not quoting you.

I was making a point to these comments;

It would certainly be an interesting Venn diagram of the cheerleaders and critics across the cheerleading and critiquing threads :laugh:

View attachment 189408View attachment 189409

It's almost like a small clique or echo chamber are taking over threads and making the board unusable for others.

The intent was to show the hypocrisy in that they were doing exactly the same thing, posting hundreds of times with their criticisms against the Tories, then getting cheesed off that people are doing the same about Labour now they’ve made some bad choices in government.

And I agree, you’ve been entirely objective, as have I. Further proof as two people who hate the Tories that it isn’t an “echo chamber” of right wing gloaters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wasn’t actually referencing you, you just happen to be in the screenshot as collateral damage - hence not quoting you.

The intent was to show the hypocrisy in that they were doing exactly the same thing, posting hundreds of times with their criticisms against the Tories, then getting cheesed off that people are doing the same about Labour now they’ve made some bad choices in government.

And I agree, you’ve been entirely objective, as have I. Further proof as two people who hate the Tories that it isn’t an “echo chamber” of right wing gloaters.

Ah, apologies. Read that wrong.

As you were 🤣

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I was actually pointing out that the idea that one thread was for 'critics' and the other one for 'cheerleaders' was fundamentally flawed, from the very first post on each thread if I really wanted to be pedantic :wink:

That was all :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was actually pointing out that the idea that one thread was for 'critics' and the other one for 'cheerleaders' was fundamentally flawed. (From the very first post on each thread if I really wanted to be pedantic :wink:)

That was all :thumbsup:
Oh I agree, but there wasn’t exactly a balanced Conservative thread was there! I agree though, one thread would be better for containment’s sake.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
You seem to be under the impression that those “taking over” are resurgent right wingers buoyed by Labour’s f*** ups. I don’t see that at all. There’s POTG, rightbrainronnie and nevergoagain who are of the partisan sort.

But the majority of people posting were desperately unhappy with the Tories and certainly not of the right. Most of us gave the Tories the shoeing they deserved for their awful government.

Political allegiance is not relevant to mistakes, miscalculation and hubris in government and I’d call out any government making decisions which I hate.

You should do the same. Make them work for you.
Partisan? , I have visions of wearing a beret and hiding in the woods now :) . I'm just having fun most of the time, I love winding up those who are easily wound up and can't see that whining about what this and the meltdown thread have become is no different to all the diatribes against the Tories. I thought I'd been ignored by most, but obviously not so will try harder.

The right is obviously where my allegiances lie but I'm big enough to admit that the Tories royally messed things up and had to go. It's such a shame we only have 2 meaningful parties as I can't get on with Labour so find myself politically homeless at the moment. As for here I think I try and can have a polite debate about these things without name calling or flouncing and that's what it should be.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Partisan? , I have visions of wearing a beret and hiding in the woods now :) . I'm just having fun most of the time, I love winding up those who are easily wound up and can't see that whining about what this and the meltdown thread have become is no different to all the diatribes against the Tories. I thought I'd been ignored by most, but obviously not so will try harder.

The right is obviously where my allegiances lie but I'm big enough to admit that the Tories royally messed things up and had to go. It's such a shame we only have 2 meaningful parties as I can't get on with Labour so find myself politically homeless at the moment. As for here I think I try and can have a polite debate about these things without name calling or flouncing and that's what it should be.
I dwelled on “partisan”, almost went with “militant”. To be honest both are too extreme for the situation, but I couldn’t think of an appropriate specific word for “strongly supporting politically” and I needed a single word for the flow of the paragraph…

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Come on @Bozza.
It really is about time the two threads were merged. I'm calling again for a Labour Government / Meltdown thread to simplify things.

There really is no need for two. 😕

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here