Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Italian Withdean!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I've been there!

Saw one of the most BORING games of my life.

God I hate Italian football. They ponce around at walking pace doing f**k all most of the time :angry: :censored: :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How odd, all we need to do is put a second tier on the South stand and we are there...with the added bonus that those on the lower tier get a roof...

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Went there last month for Empoli vs Fionentina.

Actually went in one of those temporary stands, with the Fionentina fans! It did sway a bit in the wind, but watched a good game - Toni and Mutu scored two great goals.

As the stand we were in was near the home fans, they kept throwing bottles at each other...

The ground at Siena is even more Withdeanesque! Can't be bothered to post the link on the same website.
Incidentally has anyone been present for the italian equivalent of Lewes Bonfire - Il Palio when they race horses round the medieval town square in Siena- mental!

Last edited:

¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Didn't Lord B post that a while back
Not about Empoli's stadium.

AC Siena, on the other hand ...

siena_franchi1.jpg

siena_franchi2.jpg

The seating at the end of the ground has only been added since they got into Serie A - bringing the capacity up to 15,373. When I used to go there, it was exactly like Withdean in the early years of the Albion's tenancy. Not just the seating along two sides only, not just the athletics track, but the trees.

What the Stadio Artemio Franchi really has going for it is its city centre location. And the ticket prices ... adults from €18 (£12.60), kids from €5 (£3.50).

bandiera.jpg

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Gully said:
How odd, all we need to do is put a second tier on the South stand and we are there...with the added bonus that those on the lower tier get a roof...

Good thinking, comon Mr Knight pay attention..................

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
disgruntled h blocker said:
As the stand we were in was near the home fans, they kept throwing bottles at each other...

Always good for the atmosphere, nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry...

1066gull

paddy said:
Always good for the atmosphere, nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry...
We recently have had plastic e-on truncheons at Withdean to attack Kev, bakesy and statto:lolol:

For your further education ...

AC Siena were formed in 1904 (hence the banner in my earlier post). But they have only been officially called AC Siena (Associazzione Calcio Siena / Siena Football Club) since 1933.

Their original name was La Società Studio e Divertimento (the Society for Study and Entertainment).

Marvellous. Imagine chanting something like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here