Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The Iron Lady" coming to a cinema near you.!!!!!

Will you go see this movie?

• Yes.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • No.

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • I have a splinter in my arse from sitting on this fence.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Got to be done really. With the possible exception of finding out she was a Palace fan I couldn't dislike the woman more, but her Britain was the backdrop to my youth.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Didnt hate her, didnt know her, interested to see the movie though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lovely. Looking forward to seeing the evil bitch dividing the country one more time. Lest we forget.

Meryl Streep though? What's that all about?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Will be interesting to see how she is portrayed

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Watching Meryl Streep chasing another Oscar by prtraying that f***ing (unt? No, you're alreet ta.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given that Thatcher is a key part of our political history and changed the face of the country ( regardless of whether you think it was for the good or the bad ) then it looks an interesting film so yes. It seems somewhat idiotic to use the argument "I hated the xxxx" as a reason not to see the film.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Can someone that "hates" Maggi explain why specifically. Unless you are all Union officials or Northern, most of us people that live in the southern part of the Country and even a fair few further north are better off, home owners and their country has a better standing in the world because of the things she did for this country.
Most of the dyed in the wool lefties on here appear to be old enough to have been around to witness first hand Maggi's terms in office and able to make a value judgement, some though are much to young to have even been able to buy their own alcohol at the time so where do all the vitriolic opinions come from.

Two reasons for not going, particularly if she is entitled to any money from the film -

1) I am not into horror or disaster films.
2) Re-living the nightmare of the her leadership in the 80's is not entertainment - she did too much damage for that.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Can someone that "hates" Maggi explain why specifically. Unless you are all Union officials or Northern, most of us people that live in the southern part of the Country and even a fair few further north are better off, home owners and their country has a better standing in the world because of the things she did for this country.
Most of the dyed in the wool lefties on here appear to be old enough to have been around to witness first hand Maggi's terms in office and able to make a value judgement, some though are much to young to have even been able to buy their own alcohol at the time so where do all the vitriolic opinions come from.

Perhaps some people hate her not for what she did to the individual but what she did to society, and to the less fortunate.... And there in lies the difference between those who will worship her, and those who will hate her.

Perhaps she could pop off to coincide with the film, that would be good.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes, but only as long as Madness 'Our House' is playing in the background.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Perhaps some people hate her not for what she did to the individual but what she did to society, and to the less fortunate.... And there in lies the difference between those who will worship her, and those who will hate her.

Perhaps she could pop off to coincide with the film, that would be good.

So you wish her dead, I still don't understand......... Are you one of the less fortunate, and what did she do to society that was so awful. I understand, and have read some opinions concerning the fact that she is supposed to have divided Society into the haves and have nots. Whatever that is supposed to mean as I have nothing and never had have. I don't even have a ticket for me and my Son for Saturday, I suppose I should blame Dave.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Will be interesting to see how she is portrayed

Hmm, if the critics report that she is portrayed as a warm hearted individual who was respected and trusted by all who came into contact with her, had a passion for everything related to the north of England and loved football fans...then I will know that it is truly a work of fiction.

If that is the case then I might go to see the film, just to see if my long held opinions of a woman whose policies cast me onto the scrapheap from my job as a school milk monitor were truly misplaced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here