perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Torquay 2 Histon 0

Second leg on Monday. Come on Histon!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Nope first season. They won the Conference South Play Offs last season.

Wikipedia has them down as Conference South winners 2006/7. Last year they finished 7th in the Conference National, 9 points off the play off spot. So this season was definately their second season

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are Histon the side with John Beck as assistant manager?

*cranes neck skywards*

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sunday 30th November 2008 - Histon FC 1 - 0 Leeds United - FA Cup R2
Histon made history twice on Sunday afternoon, firstly they made it through to the third round of the FA Cup for the first time in their 104 year history and they also became the first non-league team to beat Leeds United in the FA Cup in their 89 years of existence.

||| Histon FC ||| - Match Report

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Not been the best season for clubs in the east of England, both Cambridge and Histon seem to have blown their play off chances, Norwich and Northampton relegated.

At least us staying up means a nice trip to Norwich next season :thumbsup:

I must admit that this area is as dull as f***, give me Sussex any day of the week! :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not been the best season for clubs in the east of England

I must admit that this area is as dull as f***, give me Sussex any day of the week! :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Peterborough might argue with you...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't care whether they've made steady progress over the years, their style of football is f***ing discusting.

I guess from that my suspicions that John Beck is involved with the club are correct then?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I missed the game, but I remember being told once that Beck's Cambridge side were the most one-dimensional team EVER to play at the Goldstone.

As I heard it, they spent the entire match pumping long balls into the corners in the hope of winning throw ins or wanging in crosses for John Taylor and possibly Dion Dublin to get on the end of. The only side I can remember who were anywhere near that bad were Steve Cotterill's Cheltenham ensemble in about 2001.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here