the hikers rest

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seemingly nothing has been spent on the outside though.

They gave it a thorough facelift - there was scaffolding outside for a couple of weeks.

It was heaving with people at 6.00 yesterday - it's a solid enough pub, the only problem is they don't save any decent beer.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
They gave it a thorough facelift - there was scaffolding outside for a couple of weeks.

It was heaving with people at 6.00 yesterday - it's a solid enough pub, the only problem is they don't save any decent beer.

Save beer for what?

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
went there yest after game for abeer or two place is fine agreat footie pub dont be put off by the reputation stayed a bit to long and got pissed , found myself bouncing on the trampoline with the neighbours kids when i got home at 9.30 great day

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
JCL.... ain't you mr perfect!

Yes-but once drove to Gillingham so off my tit's i could see 3 sets of brake lights from 1 vehicle in front of me-not clever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Let me get this straight. I went past the pub for the first time two weeks ago, and you're suggesting the exterior has been recently redecorated? What the hell was it like before?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think it is and always has been hasn't it?

Yes but this will be 9.9 on the richter scale from here on in and yes it is most defiantly is THE Brighton pub. as soon as Falmer was decided-it was like fate.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Let me get this straight. I went past the pub for the first time two weeks ago, and you're suggesting the exterior has been recently redecorated? What the hell was it like before?

Yes, it had quite an extensive going over about 18 months ago (I think, I lose track of time). They replaced just about everything: new sign, new lettering, everything painted, replaced some brickwork, I think). Car park was tarted up - the works.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As an ex Coldean lad, I look forward to popping into the Hikers.
Coulkd do with some Real Ale though!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Myself and my boy go there, and they seem quite happy about it.

Mind you, we sit outside.

I'd use the bar on the right ( as you look ), as it's quieter.

Saying that, we'd like to go to Dick's bar, but I'm not sure if we're allowed in on matchdays.

Anyone know?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Myself and my boy go there, and they seem quite happy about it.

Mind you, we sit outside.

I'd use the bar on the right ( as you look ), as it's quieter.

Saying that, we'd like to go to Dick's bar, but I'm not sure if we're allowed in on matchdays.

Anyone know?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here