Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Grim Reaper is sharpening his Blade!!!

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
Have I missed the point or is the writing on the wall??
As usual(sometimes) we take an early lead,only to succumb and lose........
Surely with all the strike force we have at our disposal (alledgedly) give or take the odd injury,but I won't go there,we should be able to increase on our one goal advantage and go on to win the match?
Perhaps I am being simplistic and will no doubt get a barrage of abuse about not going to games etc...but I do fear for the rest of the season and would not pin too much hope on the transfer window, working on the theory that MM has already lined up players to come in quickly surely they'll have a touch of the seconds about a relegation battle starting Monday.
It's all very well beating Hull and QPR,but we must beat tems in the mire with us........... :(

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Seagull over SW France said:
we should be able to increase on our one goal advantage and go on to win the match?
(

We should have been 2 or 3 up at half time but our finishing was woeful. If we had put one of our chances away then the game would have been done and dusted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That game should've been done and dusted before half time. Millwall were absolutely all over the place, we had several golden chances to wrap it up, took none of them (as per f***ing usual), and then bent over and allowed them to f*** us up the arse for 45 minutes.

Hammond did well for the goal, but his miss just before half time was an absolute shocker. Through 1 on 1 with the keeper, not a defender within yards, all the time in the world, and he scuffs his shot stright at the keeper, who probably couldn't believe his luck. That WOULD have been game set and match. Unfortunately though, we are completely incapable of finishing sides off. Or finishing full stop. Given the context of the game and its importance, that was without doubt the most miserable 2nd half we've put in this season. Utterly stank the place out.

I boo'd them off, and I've not done that in a LONG time.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
that was the first time i've ever booed brighton at the end of the game

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sharpening it for who.
it's not MM fault if the forwards are not doing their job.

I sometimes sit and wonder if MM should clean his boots and show that lot where the net is .

he could do no worse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
glasfryn said:
sharpening it for who.
it's not MM fault if the forwards are not doing their job.

I sometimes sit and wonder if MM should clean his boots and show that lot where the net is .

he could do no worse.

He could always do it at training.

Come to that looking at today what do they do in training and what coaching do they get?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Seagull over SW France said:
Have I missed the point or is the writing on the wall??
As usual(sometimes) we take an early lead,only to succumb and lose........
Surely with all the strike force we have at our disposal (alledgedly) give or take the odd injury,but I won't go there,we should be able to increase on our one goal advantage and go on to win the match?
Perhaps I am being simplistic and will no doubt get a barrage of abuse about not going to games etc...but I do fear for the rest of the season and would not pin too much hope on the transfer window, working on the theory that MM has already lined up players to come in quickly surely they'll have a touch of the seconds about a relegation battle starting Monday.
It's all very well beating Hull and QPR,but we must beat tems in the mire with us........... :(

having seen the game at southampton, the only thing we are lacking now is someone to get a few goals.
we've no real concerns at the back - with lynch as cover and hinsh to return. at least half the goals we conceded over the last 5 games were just scrappy, random efforts (luton in particular) and i feel with one or 2 strikers and a ball-playing midfielder to take the pressure off chippy and hammond, we will have enough to survive.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BensGrandad said:
He could always do it at training.

Come to that looking at today what do they do in training and what coaching do they get?

My point exactly. MM was a half decent striker in his day and if he cant coach our glut of strikers where the goal is (and our so called midfield) then questions need to be asked.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The problem is not the players, I just think that sometimes they seem to lack direction from the sidelines. I know that the captain can make calls as he sees them, but without the manager using his subs, or making tactical changes to meet threats or exploit weaknesses, the players simply won't be able to adapt to the situations. The players are trying, you can see that, but we keep losing matches in the last few minutes, which would indicate a lack of concentration or tiredness. The manager should be aware of this, and should be countering it.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
HampshireSeagulls said:
The problem is not the players, I just think that sometimes they seem to lack direction from the sidelines. I know that the captain can make calls as he sees them, but without the manager using his subs, or making tactical changes to meet threats or exploit weaknesses, the players simply won't be able to adapt to the situations. The players are trying, you can see that, but we keep losing matches in the last few minutes, which would indicate a lack of concentration or tiredness. The manager should be aware of this, and should be countering it.

i'm not sure about that - against southampton, booker, dean white and mcghee were al very frequently out in the technical area giving instructions. obviously i don't know what exactly they were saying but they're certainly not leaving the players to their own devices

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here