Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The greatest sandwich fillings known to man

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The perfect blend for me is the raised eyebrow of a hawk that thought it knew best, a boiled bustard's gizzard and the begrudging smirk of a senior citizen ironed free of wrinkled ego before being placed flatly on a buttered bun's lower half. Sprinkle the frozen tears of an orphaned polar bear and the parsley-seeming green pubes of a gecko just through puberty over the top, close the bun tightly, and i'm in heaven, just as the creatures who've donated their emotions and bodyparts are thanks to my bulging and monstrous glee.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The perfect blend for me is the raised eyebrow of a hawk that thought it knew best, a boiled bustard's gizzard and the begrudging smirk of a senior citizen ironed free of wrinkled ego before being placed flatly on a buttered bun's lower half. Sprinkle the frozen tears of an orphaned polar bear and the parsley-seeming green pubes of a gecko just through puberty over the top, close the bun tightly, and i'm in heaven, just as the creatures who've donated their emotions and bodyparts are thanks to my bulging and monstrous glee.

I'll stick to cheese and pickle. I couldn't deal with the guilt.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not the greatest, but one of the oddest has to be the lasagne sandwich that was in Tesco a while back. Needless to say was very fillings.

Contenders for me are:

Roast rare beef, horseradish and rocket (Waitrose does a good one)
Tuna and sweetcorn (simple, but effective)
Cheese and red onion (toasted)
Strawberry jam

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Buffalo Mozzarella, German Peppered Salami, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Chicken and Bacon Sandwich Filling.

ALSO - Any sandwich involving Red Onion!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
This is far too difficult for me, sandwiches are my favourite food, they are so flexible, you can do so much with them and create new flavors every time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
marmite,cheese (grated) and carrot(grated) sounds gross but tastes great

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cheddar cheese and crisps.

Crisp sandwiches are the food of the gods.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
White bread , tuna Mayo , grated cheese, onion, cucumber and salad cream to bind it all together........trust me !

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not a sandwich exactly but a nice thick slice of wenslydale or strong cheddar on a slice of English fruitcake is delicious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here