Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The greatest book ever written, ever, EVER!!!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
OK, Holy Bible aside, this one is up there:

curry.jpg

This book shows you how to make authentic Indian restaurant currys. Basically, you knock up a mixture of water, onion, ginger and garlic and this forms the base of virtually every curry known to man. You just add the meat plus the spices in the correct ratio.

Genius.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yes I have this - bought it for family and friends as well. Currently £1.99 in "The Works". It does what it says on the label:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

View attachment 19410

This book shows you how to make authentic Indian restaurant currys. Basically, you knock up a mixture of water, onion, ginger and garlic and this forms the base of virtually every curry known to man. You just add the meat plus the spices in the correct ratio.

Genius.

a cracking book, had it for a while now, makes it all a lot more simple than a Madhur Jafrey recipe :thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've got that but I prefer 50 Great Curries which is similair but far better

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Based on the recomendations here I have purchased the book today - Will let you know how I get on!!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Got that book, very close to the real thing, one tip, use gee and plenty of it, Indian restaurants don't spare on it.

Its a long process though, boil, blend, boil some more, skim the curry sauce and your kitchen will stink for weeks. Its worth it though!!!

View attachment 19410

Genius.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Surely we all new that already...

I doubt most people do - cook up a batch of "curry gravy".

Indian Cookery books these days tend would tend to demonstrate the actual local methods, but if you want the "authentic restaurant style", or the classic English style curry that has developed into this country's favourite food - then this book is for you.

(I've also got a copy)

I really hate snobbishness about food, I couldn't give a toss whether the food in Indian restaurants is authentic or not - as long as it is made with good ingrediants and tastes nice.

We should celebrate this type of food. It's authentic British Indian cooking.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Got the book last week and over the weekend had a curry using the recipe. All I can say is WOW. Amazing taste, once the 'curry sauce' is made its really quick to make the actual curry, we also made enough sacue to go in the freezer for dinners going forwards.

Well recommended by the Surrey Jim household

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here