Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Brighton & Hove property melt down is almost upon us....

D

Deleted User X18H

...........how many Sold signs do you see around town??? How many screaming 'For Sale ' signs do you see around town, propertys around my patch havn't sold in some cases for months and months......its over, houses in Brighton and Hove are simply way overpriced the cokerneys (thank gawd) at last realize this, the dirty northern scum who have migrated can't afford to buy at any price so take up the rental propertys but still houses and flats do not sell.......you should have sold up at the peak and banked ..................I know some who did;)

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
...........how many Sold signs do you see around town??? How many screaming 'For Sale ' signs do you see around town, propertys around my patch havn't sold in some cases for months and months......its over, houses in Brighton and Hove are simply way overpriced the cokerneys (thank gawd) at last realize this, the dirty northern scum who have migrated can't afford to buy at any price so take up the rental propertys but still houses and flats do not sell.......you should have sold up at the peak and banked ..................I know some who did;)

But its all relative. If you sell you have to buy, unless you have more than one property?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
My house sale completes in 2 weeks. Got in there just in time I reckon although the ott media attention isn't helping the housing market.

I'm going to rent and sit tight on the profit to see how things pan out.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
perfect time to be in to bed and breakfast

hove bed and breakfast

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Death of the Buy-to-Let greedheads? What's not to like? Hope the banks turn the screw bigtime on the fuckers and free up the housing for the first-time buyers and the key workers. Especially round here. A POX on your property portfolios :salute:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Death of the Buy-to-Let greedheads? What's not to like? Hope the banks turn the screw bigtime on the fuckers and free up the housing for the first-time buyers and the key workers. Especially round here. A POX on your property portfolios :salute:

Problem is -- if the banks turn the screw bigtime, they'll also do it to the teachers, nurses firefighters etc who want a flat, and force them to come up with a MASSIVE deposit before giving them a mortgage....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Next door started at £249,995 and was sold for £223,000.

I have to say a property correction on prices is to be applauded.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Let's hope so - there are no key worker flats to rent in Brighton at the moment!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would welcome a drop in prices. However, those that will suffer are those that have struggled to get on the ladder in the first place. The buy-to-letters will have made enough to cover any deficit.

I am looking at getting on the housing ladder soon, but biding my time. There are some fantastic properties on the market and the moment, alot of them being 'non chain'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my son in law in the states is having to choose between selling at a loss in order to move back to europe or to let the house out and hope prices rise again soon

seems to be a universal issue and to have come on us quicker than expected

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Sweden is the answer 4 bed 2 bath 3 reception garage/workshop for 4 cars 1 acre of land only £28,381

Takes the piss as you cant even buy a beach hut here for that

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
f*** me ..... can I get my pension paid over there ? :D

Yes as my brother does EU country!! takes the piss really as my parents bought the bungalow they are in for £22,500 and it's now worth £300,000 :shrug:

That was 2 years wages for my dad when they bought it

I can't get anything for £90,000 :down:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
My house sale completes in 2 weeks. Got in there just in time I reckon although the ott media attention isn't helping the housing market.

I'm going to rent and sit tight on the profit to see how things pan out.

Keep your fingers crossed that the buyers don't 'gazunder' you hours before you're about to exchange contracts, mate. Has happened to two of my mates - the buyers dropped their offer by £30,000 (in one case) right at the last minute, citing damp problems on the property, despite all being discussed and agreed beforehand. My friend had to exchange on the property he was buying, and after frantic, angry negotiations, had to settle for a £15,000 reduction on his place. f***ing outrageous. Fair enough, people can reduce the offer for sensible reasons, but blatant lying is apparently very common atm.

We're worried about that ourselves. Thinking about taking our place off the market now :nono:

Last edited:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
NOW will someone explain why it's called the housing "LADDER"?

A house should be a place to live in. Not an investment.

Start on the first rung (single person studio flat)

Rung two (meet and move in with someone 1 bed flat)

Rung three (kids small house)

Rung four (get rid of kids retire ACTUALLY have MONEY buy a huge place and rattle around in it just because you can:lolol: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here