Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Good Luck Dick & Martin' thread

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This week, our glorius leaders embark on a very harrowing, but most necessary appointment in our history - the Public Inquiry.

Although the Inquiry starts tomorrow, they don't actually meet up until Wednesday, from which time Dick & Martin (and the legal team) have to do battle with a bunch of dickheads.

Countless hours and hundreds of thousands of pounds have been spent on surveying land, checking covenants, asking people whose land we don’t want if they’re prepared to sell it to us, working out whether a supermarket and a stadium can fit on a postage stamp, working out how many buses it takes to stop 3,000 Millwall/Palace/Pompey fans walking through the middle of Kemp Town and so on and so on, defending our corner, all to claim what we believe is rightfully ours - a new stadium at Falmer.

Martin Perry must have the single most stressful job in Sussex. I don’t envy him one bit.

It all comes down to these next three/four/five/six weeks. Forget the outcome for the time-being - that’s for the Spring. Don’t worry if you are shitting bricks or are pissed off that this thing is dragging on and on, right now, we stand at the crossroads of oblivion and glory - and right now, EVERY SINGLE ALBION FAN must unite in their support for the board as they go into this Inquiry. We must BELIEVE.

COME ON!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very well put. I also believe that if we do come through this, while it is not really appropriate to single out one individual given the collective effort, if you had to it would unquestionably be Perry. He has done far more of the nitty-gritty than Knight, it must have been a complete nightmare of a job frankly, and if we get it no one will have deserved a holiday more.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The Large One said:
Although the Inquiry starts tomorrow, they don't actually meet up until Wednesday, from which time Dick & Martin (and the legal team) have to do battle with a bunch of dickheads.
:lolol: :lolol:

Martin Perry really has done a great job getting the project so near to a final yes decision. His job was hard enough without fcuktard nimbys and biased twerps using dirty tactics to ruin his work.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
On the way back from Leeds saturday me and the people I was with in the car were talking about what games we were going to do next season.

After about 10 minutes of talking about Sunderland, WBA. Leeds and Southampton amongst others, I pointed out that if things do not go our way in the summer we might not be going anywhere.

It is scary to think that the future of our club is in the hands of one man. I for one cannot even think of life without Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. I live for the games and the all experiance. This never really stops, for even in the off season I am looking forward to fixture day and then from that point on planning the away trips.

I think we are luckly to have DK and MP, others less dedicated to the cause may have given up ages ago.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Best wishes to all involved in representing the club at the enquiry.

We, the fans, owe an enormous debt of gratitude to your tireless efforts to secure the future of our club.

Good luck - We want Falmer !

:clap2: :ascarf: :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hold tight people it's going to be a bumpy ride........

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Dick Knight and Martin Perry have worked ridiculously hard for this club, and by extension that means every one of us fans. So the very least we can do is wish them all the best as the future of Brighton and Hove Albion is decided, we can only hope in our favour.

Keep the faith everybody, we WILL get Falmer.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Good Luck to Dick and Martin in the inquiry.

Following on from that, has anyone seen the article in tonights Argus about he alternative sites.
I can't believe they are still considering the station site, has Sainsbury's been told about this?
Also can anyone tell me where actually on the Shoreham harbour site is the stadium to be earmarked? I obviously live in Shoreham and cannot work out where there is such a site that is big enough and with decent road system.

Also reading from the argus article, Miss Melanie Cutress or(Cuntress) of Nimby parish council saying that "there was an overwelming support against the stadium" I would like to ask her when and how.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They have the patience of Job, good luck guys.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ShorehamGull said:
Also reading from the argus article, Miss Melanie Cutress or(Cuntress) of Nimby parish council saying that "there was an overwelming support against the stadium" I would like to ask her when and how.
Unless she is talking about the population of Falmer (pop c.75 of which 40 came from the same pair of ducks), she is quite clearly lying.

Brighton Station is still on the list, and is therefore to be considered. However, assuming common sense prevails, it will be dismissed pretty sharpish. As I understand it, neither the Sussex Downsmen nor Lewes District Council intend to discuss that site's merits. What Falmer PC intend to do is another matter entirely - I am sure those nutcases would advocate London Road Station is they thought it would keep it from Falmer.

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Bollocks! ANY site will do for me. Preferably one that will take a stadium fit for the Premiership - or we will be back to square one in a few years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here