Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Goldstone Ground - model

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After talking about where I was standing for Matty Edwards goal on yesterday’s David Beckham thread, this popped up on my YouTube suggestions. Obviously Google listens to everything you say!
What a fabulous thing this is, so very lifelike:

Something in my eye.

And yet.....what a dump.

I think that encapsulates the essence of nostalgia, and why I try to avoid it.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Great work. Kind of gets me inspired to start building models.

The guy even captured the official EFL heaven-colour.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Excellent. Fantastic attention to detail. The only thing that wasn't there, which I was expecting, was the sign on the Old Shoreham Road side which used to advertise the next game(s). Did I imagine that? Was it on a corner a bit further away from the actual ground?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just an incredible piece of work. Congrats to the model maker

What a beautiful football stadium we used to have. I absolutely reject any notion that it was a dump. Though I can't in all honesty argue with the point about the bogs

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Excellent. Fantastic attention to detail. The only thing that wasn't there, which I was expecting, was the sign on the Old Shoreham Road side which used to advertise the next game(s). Did I imagine that? Was it on a corner a bit further away from the actual ground?
You didn't imagine that.

And interestingly enough there is a billboard very near the site on the Shoreham Road, but on the other side of the road just near the curry house. That flashes up different adverts for the normal different tat, but if you're lucky, you'll see an ad for an Albion event, maybe a woman's game or something. That can't be a coincidence surely. Someone at the club has decided to get their ad right next to the Goldstone site

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Wow, fantastic model. Makes it look way better than it was in reality, especially towards the end of its life.

But yeah it was a dump. Give me the Amex any day.
It was still better than the Dell!! At some stage or other over the years I found myself in every stand and I could always see all 4 corners of the pitch.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not always a dump! Yes it was crumbling away in it's latter years, but it wasn't always thus.

The Amex of course is better in almost every respect, except . . . for atmosphere. I just loved the pld place.
It's better in the sense that it's comfier, less cramped and has better facilities

I'm quite rose tinted on this, but I think those clubs plying their way in the lower leagues, playing in their historic and centrally located old ground, with a decent behind the goal terrace, have a lot that we don't. Even if i'm sure they won't always see it like that

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Magnificent. I may have asked this before but does anyone have a photo of the inside of the portacabin club shop on the site of the old lego stand (was it just there the last few years?) and/or the smaller old club shop which became a ticket office? Would just love to see it again and all the wonderful merchandise on display.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's better in the sense that it's comfier, less cramped and has better facilities

I'm quite rose tinted on this, but I think those clubs plying their way in the lower leagues, playing in their historic and centrally located old ground, with a decent behind the goal terrace, have a lot that we don't. Even if i'm sure they won't always see it like that
Absolutely, 100% agree. Atmospheric the Amex certainly isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here