Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the golden years

I often wonder how many supporters we'd have if we were a team that won absolutely NOTHING for, say, 38 years.

... except that this was, of course, the Albion's record for the 38 years from joining the Football League in 1920 until becoming Third Division (South) champions in 1958.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And playing glorious football too!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Success breeds success.

Given our current set up, and the boost of the new stadium to come - not to mention income - we've got several more years of an upward trajectory to come.

i often wonder how many supporters we'd have if we were a team that won absolutely nothing for, say, 38 years.

... Except that this was, of course, the albion's record for the 38 years from joining the football league in 1920 until becoming third division (south) champions in 1958.

started watching the albion 1970 took a while for my first league title! Now could have three in 12 years!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was there,I'm still here, and never been anywhere else. Good or bad Albion is my hometown team, before floodlights, replica shirts and all seater stadiums.
Brown boots with toecaps , brown footballs that weighed enough to give you concussion when wet.
It was about the football not the silverware.
Anyway the Nurse is here now with my morning cup of tea. :bigwave:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
ok, at the moment which team has stayed in league 1 or 2 or the championship the longest? e.g which team has been stuck with no prom or relegation for ages?

has to be torquay at a guess?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It would be ironic wouldn't it ? In the face on more than a little adversity we have managed three and now almost certainly four promotions, a record that most teams would be very happy with. However, with the current set up And with what is to come I can't help feel that even better is yet to come. Won't happen overnight but it's coming.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you're not wrong. with so many relegations too, i'm not sure "golden" is the right term. certainly interesting, i think theres only been two seasons of midtable mediocrity at the Theatre of Trees, the norm has been promotion or relegation battle.

maybe someone can come with a word that encapsualtes the whole of the last 12 years, with a positive spin on it? would Marvellous cut it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
ok, at the moment which team has stayed in league 1 or 2 or the championship the longest? e.g which team has been stuck with no prom or relegation for ages?

has to be torquay at a guess?

Not at the moment but Rochdale must have been stuck in L2 for a fair old run?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
you're not wrong. with so many relegations too, i'm not sure "golden" is the right term. certainly interesting, i think theres only been two seasons of midtable mediocrity at the Theatre of Trees, the norm has been promotion or relegation battle.

maybe someone can come with a word that encapsualtes the whole of the last 12 years, with a positive spin on it? would Marvellous cut it?

Horem pádem!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here