Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first Sporting Colours SUBBUTEO Tournament

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone want to take part in a Subbuteo tournament? I am organising one right here on the first floor of SC Towers.

Tournament set-up of 16 players, split into four groups of four. Each group would have six matches, all played in one evening - so the groups would be played over four evenings. The top two from each group go forward to the quarter-finals, played in one evening, with the semi-finals, 3rd place play-off and final being held in a pub function room or something. a trohpy would be awarded to the winner.

£10 per person to enter, covering the cost of the trophy and some liquid refreshment. Not exactly sure when I will host it, but am looking at something like March-April.

Bring your own teams if you can. I'll supply everyone who takes part with a copy of the rules.

I just want an idea of who fancies taking part. Give me a wave if you are interested.

:wave: = consider it
:wave: :wave: = probably
:wave: :wave: :wave: = yep, deffo up for that.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I will bring my Huddersfield Town 1976 away kit team

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I think I still have Hoddle, Waddle and all from my 1987 Cup Final set. They could do with a run-out.

But I fear I may be too distant these days to play. Sorry, and good luck.
Can we say I did anyway, and triumphed embarrassingly easily?
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
We have GOT to get some photos on here of a bunch oldies playing subbuteo :lolol:

Sorry :down:

Have fun :)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Would love to but unfortunately will be in Hong Kong .. but looking at your entrylist everybody will be playing in blue and white stripes .. could be a tad difficult to play and ref !!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And he walks into your shelves when he gets excited.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you could arrange regional heats, somewhere nearer, then I would definately be up for it.

I would have to come heavily disguised though, as the thought of meeting a bunch of middle-aged guys in a room above a shop to play Subbuteo, might be construed as, well...a tiny bit sad.

I would also have to lie to my wife about where I was going. Maybe tell her I was going to a dog-fight or to visit a brothel?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here