Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The First ROMANS BEER FESTIVAL - Details here

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Romans public house in Southwick will be holding its first annual beer festival over the May Day Bank Holiday.

Friday 29 April - Monday 2 May Open: 12 noon - 12 midnight (except Monday: 12 noon - 11pm). Entrance is free, although a small donation will be asked for on the Sunday. A lunch menu and evening menu are available.

On the Saturday night (April 30), the Fish Brothers will be playing their usual pretty boy punk mayhem - and Martin Fish may well get his tits out. You have been warned.

Sunday May 1 is being devoted to raising funds for the Albion. Come along after the Brighton OB v Chelsea OB game to the festival. Live music starts at 6pm and features Seagulls Ska, Too Many Crooks and a Clash tribute band, The Sweet Nothing, with some football poetry from Attila. There will also be a raffle and auction. Chris the landlord is an Albion season ticket holder, and will be generously donating a cut of the take from the bar on the Sunday to the Forty Notes Fund.

Among the beers available are

Bristol IPA 4.5
Burton Bridge Damsen Porter 4.5
Centurion’s Ghost (York Brewery) 5.4
Dark Star Expresso Stout 4.2
Dark Star’s Meltdown (ginger beer) 4.8
Dent’s Kamikaze 5.0
Elgood’s Old Wagg 4.0
Evan Cwrw 4.2
Exmoor Hound Dog 4.0
Five Generations (WJ King (formerly King Barnes) 4.4
Frolic Bitter (Gale’s) 4.4
Generation (Hook Norton) 4.0
Georgie Boy (Mighty Oak) 3.8
Harvey’s Old 4.3
JW Lees IceBreaker 4.0
Pale Island (Kelham Island) 5.2
Rebellion Mutiny 4.5
Stonewall Bitter (York Brewery) 3.7
Sun Dial (Boggart Hole ) 4.7
Wadworth’s JCB 4.7
White’s Dark 4.0
White’s Gold 4.9
plus a dozen or so Belgian and British bottle-conditioned ales (ranging from 5.0 - 8.0

THE ROMANS, MANOR HALL ROAD, SOUTHWICK. 01273 592147

So are we going to have the NSC meet-up on this particular day?
:drink:

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Seeming that The Romans is my local and is only about 2 mins walk from where I live.. I'm sure I can make my way there. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Tom Hark said:
But APART from the Beer Festival, the live music, the auction and the raffle, what have the Romans ever done for us? ???

Romans have just been taken over by new land lords.. Chris and Chrissie, Chris is an Albion season ticket holder. Expect more from them very soon.. or are you being sarcastic???

:dunce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Muzzman said:
Romans have just been taken over by new land lords.. Chris and Chrissie, Chris is an Albion season ticket holder. Expect more from them very soon.. or are you being sarcastic???

:dunce:

Oh for Pete's sake... :lolol:

You've never seen Life Of Brian then?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
It's the first pub I ever got served in - I was about 13 - and opposite my old primary and infant schools (though I didn't try and get served there then...) No great shakes then, or until very recently to be honest, but Chris & Chrissie have changed all that. Great well kept beer and a friendly atmosphere.

The Romans have done plenty for us recently!

Attila
Southwick South Central

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Being as its a short hop over the railway bridge for me, I will certainly be making it my business to spend an extortionate amount of my Sunday afternoon and evening there on May 1st.

They also have a few decks of cards behind the bar, so we could even get a POKER table going.

*frothing*

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Sounds good.
Beer, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here