Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The First Day Of The Sunday League Football Season

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Good luck to all those who are about to embark on another journey in the sunday league. The 1st day of the season is upon us so go dust down your boots, spray deodrant on your shinpads, rub your calf muscles in stupid amounts of deepheat, cut your oranges, fill your water bottles, and conduct your weird pre match rituals before crossing that white line....

and ps dont recreate the gutless dross the albion served up yesterday

:clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We start next Sunday - still sorting out a team :down:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
we started yesterday, 2-0 down at half-time...won 3-2 :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well there is never a Saturday League thread so here will do ;)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
lost 5-0

sprained THUMB
pulled BACK
and BLEEDING TOE.

and i only touched the ball upfront about 7 times. i could play for andorra!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
lost 2-0 and only lasted a hour before i was done in, preseason has done wonders

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
For the first time since 1985 I'm not playing Sunday morning football.

No more waking up on Sunday morning with a hangover, standing in a freezing lay-by somewhere waiting for the last few members of the team to turn up, trying to put nets up when it is so cold your fingers stick to the rusting metal goalposts, 90 minutes of football so poor that even the Albion could beat us followed by a cold shower (because someone forgot to switch the heater on) and then finally back to the pub for a pint. God I'll miss it!!!

That said, I can now sit at home in the warm, read the Sunday papers, watch Albions latest defeat on the Championship before walking to the pub for a pint. Maybe retirement's not so bad after all.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Redhead said:
We got beat 6-1. I got an assist, I also have removed a stud from my leg from a stonewall penalty shout which was not given. Ref out :angry:

Had we not scored I would have had a penalty, Got cut in half by the goalkeeper as i laid it off.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Won 13-1 but it looks like we'll only be given a 3-0 default victory for the game as it seems the other team didn't register their players in time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i stupidly agreed to sign for a sunday league team when drunk last night

the 'proper' football starts tomorrow night though, as old varndeanians visit the beacon for the big clash with hassocks - 7.30pm kick

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty M said:
i stupidly agreed to sign for a sunday league team when drunk last night

the 'proper' football starts tomorrow night though, as old varndeanians visit the beacon for the big clash with hassocks - 7.30pm kick
Going down!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here