Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The final day of the Premier league (title day)

Who will win the league

• Man United

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Man City

Votes: 63 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
manchester-city.png
Man City v QPR
queens-park-rangers.png
15:00

sunderland.png
Sunderland V Man Utd
manchester-united.png

I want City to win the league myself, but i got a feeling QPR will get a result.

Should be fun in Surrey today ???

Last edited:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I don't like either of them. Quite happy if QPR and Sunderland win today. Very surprised it went to the last game in the end though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forecasts

Chelsea v Blackburn
3-0
Everton v Newcastle
1-0
Man City v QPR
3-1 (Banker)
Norwich v Aston Villa
2-1
Stoke v Bolton
1-1
Sunderland v Man Utd
1-2
Swansea v Liverpool
1-3
Tottenham v Fulham
1-1
West Brom v Arsenal
1-2
Wigan v Wolves
0-1

Not easy to forecast especially for third place. It will be a terrible shock if Manchester City do not win the title. Arsenal have got it in their own hands for third spot. And I think QPR may survive but if Bolton are drawing at Stoke with a minute to go ....

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
manchester-city.png
Man City v QPR
queens-park-rangers.png

sunderland.png
Sunderland V Man Utd
manchester-united.png

I want City to win the league myself, but i got a feeling QPR will get a result.

Should be fun in Surrey today ???

Nice badges. Who are the officials?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Can't see QPR getting anything out of it at all - City could well win 6-0. To be honest though, if there's anything I'd like to see happen today it's Newcastle pipping Arsenal & Spurs for third.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't like either of them. Quite happy if QPR and Sunderland win today. Very surprised it went to the last game in the end though.

I don't like Manchester either. At the Goldstone the City supporters were some of the worst their were, probably because they kept on getting thrashed, and the worst stewards (thoroughly nasty) I have ever come across were at Old Trafford.

City deserve to win as they played better football. United played the second best football and Arsenal the third. I still think Chelsea are the fourth club though.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
think City will win te league and be 2-0 inside first 20 minutes!

bolton to go down having no beat Stoke

and Arsenal to just get 3rd..probably with a late goal.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think City will do it, but you can't help but feel they've f**ked up a bit this season. Early on it looked like they were going to walk it, now it's come down to the last day.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I've always preferred Man Utd over other prem teams, until we get there of course.
i think Utd have blown it tho. Every time Fergie tries a defensive approach, like vs Man City, it just ends up with man utd not scoring goals, they still concede, yet Fergie still does it.

However much i hate people buying the league i think Man city have done just that, but only just of course

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I just get the feeling QPR will go and sit 10 men behind the ball. If City get one early on it will be a rout but stranger things have happened this season. 35/1 for a 0-0 is an interesting bet though.....

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
How come Man City VS QPR is live on sky sports when it is a 15:00 KO?
I thought no 3pm kick offs could be shown live.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
How come Man City VS QPR is live on sky sports when it is a 15:00 KO?
I thought no 3pm kick offs could be shown live.

On a Saturday :thumbsup:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Just a thought... When and where will the title celebration be? Usually its at either the game when the title is clinched or the game after.. have they made a replica trophy that is at both games?

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Just a thought... When and where will the title celebration be? Usually its at either the game when the title is clinched or the game after.. have they made a replica trophy that is at both games?

Well as this is the last game of the season, there won't be a game after.... :facepalm:

And yes, they would have at least two trophies, probably three. IIrc there are three FA cups, the real one and one that gets dropped / champagne poured in it and one to cover for the times when the dropped one is at the menders.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Won't Sky have a helicopter waiting 1/2 way between, say at Leeds-Bradford Airport with the trophy?

The SPL do that when it's all up for grabs on the last day.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Hope QPR go down, purely because it will be a better away day next season then Bolton Wanderers, Man City will win the premiership and Arsenal will clinch third place imho

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Hope QPR go down, purely because it will be a better away day next season then Bolton Wanderers, Man City will win the premiership and Arsenal will clinch third place imho

It would be funny to see QPR drop - to remove one of the (London-centric-media) clubs & they went mad spending big (including on player wages) last Summer & January, whereas Swansea & Norwich did it a better way. Also, messiah-Hughes was considered so wonderful, but they are still in the mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here