Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FANS WALL at Falmer ?

Would you buy your own BRICK with your NAME on ?

• YES - I would pay to have my name permanently emblazoned upon our glorious new stadium

Votes: 65 79.3%
  • NO - People would use their NSC names and everything. It would be EMBARRASING

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • MAYBE - its time you did some WORK for a change, instead of coming out with these half-arsed ideas

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno if this idea has ever been floated before, but now that the stadium is effectively packaged, tied up with ribbon, brightly decorated with a sumptous silk bow and has a label attached that reads \"Too all Brighton fans everywhere, lots of love and kisses Dick and the boys, xxx\", how about THIS for a money-making scheme.

Who out of you would be prepared to pay, oooh lets say….£50 to have your very own BRICK in one of the stadium walls ? The brick would have your name engraved upon it (perhaps in stylishly grand gold colouring), and that brick would be built into the stadium wall, on display for all time and for all to see. Your very own little piece of the stadium, embedded in the stadium FOREVER. I believe Sunderland did exactly this when they built the Staduim of Light, although I think they only charged £35. However, a number of years have passed since then, and we are affluent southerners after all, so I don\'t think £50 would be an unreasonable price to pay to have your own piece of history forever locked into the stadium. I know I would. I reckons this would prove to be a HUGE moneyspinner for the club, and could directly contribute to the costs of building the stadium in some small way. What say you all ?

If there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we could put this to the esteemed INSIDER on Ask The Club.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I have my name on a brick in the Olympic swimming stadium in Sydney! I do visit it and rub it knowingly!

I should be rather pleased to have another brick in a wall at Falmer too!

ps ask the blub has been gone for some time!!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
My sister has her name on the railway track in Hove Park. So there..!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They did this at Southampton, but I seem to remember it was more like £200 per brick! £50 I would think would barely cover the administration costs and the actual costs of the engraving.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
some fans have got seats due to the A&K (myself included) but i'd buy a brick too :)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
certainly a good idea but all the pictures look like construction will be metal and glass so not sure if it will be a very bricky sort of place.

Yes I'd be up for this but as was said above I think 50 quid wouldn't be enough to be worthwhile.

On a different (similar) subject does anyone know what happened about the seats at Bury that lots of us paid to have our names on? Did anyone ever see them?

When the Liberal Democrats come to power after Norma Baker leads a coup d'etat, anyone with their name on the Falmer wall will be the first up against the wall as destroyers of the most beautiful field in the whole world.
Marina Pepper "Spray" will lead the team of torturers.:shootself

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I might pay to put Cutress' name on it. She'd love that.

"Melanie Cutress, Albion lover"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, maybe £50 is a bit Lidls, but I was influenced by the Mackems and their £35 bricks. You can get an end-of-terrace house up there for £185 though, so I suppose it was bound to be dirt cheap.

Id probably pay up to about £200 for my own brick I suppose.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
They do this at Carlisle for £30 a pop if I remember rightly, although it's not called the fans wall, its called the FLOOD DEFENCE wall now
_40708425_bruntonpark_33x245_pa.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here