Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DVD: Were we a better team last season?

Were we a better team last season?

• Yes

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

Lush

Mods' Pet
Just finished watching the Albion DVD of last season.

Withdean WAS a shithole.
League 1 opposition was often poor.
We had Murray (and the Murray/Barnes partnership). We had Bennett. And Wood. And Lua-Lua on top form.

WERE we a better team then?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
No. There were only two other teams in that division who really pushed us. Last year we lost 3-0 to Stoke and this year we beat Sunderland and troubled a very strong Liverpool.
However we did lose to Watford this time round :facepalm:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Just finished watching the Albion DVD of last season.

Withdean WAS a shithole.
League 1 opposition was often poor.
We had Murray (and the Murray/Barnes partnership). We had Bennett. And Wood. And Lua-Lua on top form.

WERE we a better team then?

This year we are better team, last year we played against weaker opposition.

I watched the DVD today as well, sometimes we were given soooo much time and space to develop our moves, that just doesn't happen in this league.

Dav

Nov 9, 2011
Wurvin
Bennett was amazing for us last season. The amount of assists he got, it was because of him that Murray did so well I think.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Because of injuries Gus hasn't been able to field his best team. I do agree we miss Murray & Benno.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good team in a poor division last season.

This season we are an average team in a tough division.

This. I agree we miss Benno as we haven't had a fit midfield playmaker to replace him. Hopefully we will get some game time out of Vicente soon. Murray hasn't done as well this season as he did in League 1, so no, I don't miss him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes we were, purely because of Bennett.

The guy is just utter class and he would be tearing up the Championship now if he had stayed. We actually gave him away, should have got at least double what Norwich paid.

I still miss him.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Mainly due to injury, CMS aside, the new signings have yet to make an impact. Also our full backs have actually had to do some defending this season.

Having said that they certainly have time to contribute and one of our first choice central defenders has still to come back.

After watching that, I feel that I cant hate Murray quite so much. I forgot how good he really was for us!

Though proves the gap in quality when Painter was matching winger for pace and getting the occasional cross in, as well as most defenders we were playing against being really quite pants!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After watching that, I feel that I cant hate Murray quite so much. I forgot how good he really was for us!

Though proves the gap in quality when Painter was matching winger for pace and getting the occasional cross in, as well as most defenders we were playing against being really quite pants!
It's also worth remembering that although Murray got 22 goals at that level, Mackail-Smith got 35.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No, we'd be top of League One if we were still in it, we're just in a much tougher division.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No we weren't, but watching that did make me realise how much we miss Bennett.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Miss Murray a painful amount. Utter class.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
I think we are a better team this season of course injuries list is paying a big part at the moment and also confidence when at the top confidence sky high now tougher division few injuries indifferent results confidence not so high im sure the club is moving forward though having said all that southampton are making the transition to the championship very well and peterborough are acquitting themselves well too!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Can someone tell me how many goals Murray has scored this season?

No doubting he is a class act, but he is hardly setting th world alight elsewhere is he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here