Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The domino effect

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a section in the match day programme about standing in seated areas. One bullet point mentions a potential "domino effect", standing fans all toppling forward.

This is unlikey, surely?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
sitting in Row A of WSU, I have to admit my goal celebrations have been somewhat muted, for fear of inflicting this domino effect upon myself!!!!! that is one low wall.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
As much as Surging was fun when I was younger, I'd be much happier in the new all seater stadia we have these days! You used to want a goal just to have a surge, fun up the middle/back of north stand....dangerous for those down the front!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There's a section in the match day programme about standing in seated areas. One bullet point mentions a potential "domino effect", standing fans all toppling forward.

This is unlikey, surely?

Only applies to northern clubs ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe, but we live in an era of all-seater stadia. Live with it.

I should have said, I'm not one of the people who tirelessly, and tiresomely, continue to stand. Far from it. I have no major gripe with all-seater stadia.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe, but we live in an era of all-seater stadia. Live with it.

Why?

Whats wrong with people wanting to stand at games, if there was the introduction of safe standing at games (as they have in Germany) then we could have sections of the crowd who want to stand being able to do so safely without the risk of 'a domino effect' caused by seats.

There are various campaigns seeking the introduction of safe standing

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The WSU is pretty steep and when we got the winner against Doncaster me and several others arguably over-celebrated :D and nearly ended up in the row in front due to losing balance and toppling forwards. That was in Row M -could get nasty further down!

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Why?

Whats wrong with people wanting to stand at games, if there was the introduction of safe standing at games (as they have in Germany) then we could have sections of the crowd who want to stand being able to do so safely without the risk of 'a domino effect' caused by seats.

There are various campaigns seeking the introduction of safe standing

Wasn't The Commons debating this not so long ago?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its a well known problem at concerts when everyone stands, or when people stand to celebrate a goal.

wait, no, never happened. what a pathetic reason.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
sitting in Row A of WSU, I have to admit my goal celebrations have been somewhat muted, for fear of inflicting this domino effect upon myself!!!!! that is one low wall.

I'm row A but certainly didn't hold back celebrating Buckley's goals - and nor did the other Seagulls over Burwas near by!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm also in WSU and have been brought up to stand at matches however, the seats are so comfortable and the view so unobstructed that I get a weel bit peed off if the guy infront stands for overlong periods.

maybe the domino effect is that he stands, the 2 people behind have to stand, then 4 behind then 8 and so on.

I think, if you MUST stand then get a swap to a back row.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here