Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Doctor Who Thread

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Never mind the result. Doctor Who is on!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Catherine Tate, Raquel from Corrie and a load of walking Tic-Tacs....here's hoping things pick up from here.

The bit where **** (I won't post the name for spoiler's sake) appeared for a bit was interesting though, obviously building for something later on in the series.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
didnt think much of that to be honest - hopefully because it was the first one it will get better, as all that focussing on catherine tate at the beginning was bollocks - its called doctor who, not doctor who and his assistant

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
It's not always bad when the Doctor's not in it much. "Blink" last year was superb.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Old Bernard Cribbens was good.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It's not always bad when the Doctor's not in it much. "Blink" last year was superb.

think that was an exception to the rule - the one with peter kay in it when the doctor hardly featured was the worst one EVER

still there is a MARATHON of doctor-daleks encounters from the classic days to enjoy tonight on bbc four

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Thought it was okay, certainly not the best episode and Season 4 will have to pick up to meet previous standards. Some good stuff in there though, the **** reveal was interesting and a suprise, the stuff with Bernard Cribbins was really good, and there was some decent Doctor stuff. The plot was pretty weak though, and the villain was crap. Tate was okay, not as good as Aygeman but maybe with time she'll improve. The bit where he said "I need a mate" and she said "you need to mate? I'm not interested" etc. was such an obvious way of setting up the non-romantic relationship though - pretty lazy writing.

still there is a MARATHON of doctor-daleks encounters from the classic days to enjoy tonight on bbc four

Theres my evening gone then

Might try and get a tape, depends which episodes, as due to gran and grandad owning the old dr who shop in st leonards till few years ago, i have huge collection of dr who vids, mostly dalek.

Wolud be nice if one of troughtons was on, is only dr i have no dalek episodes for :(

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hmm...average, as pointed out, too much focus on Tate. Still, early days - i seem to recall the start of the last series was average, and that finished superbly.

Torchwood last night though was a different class :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
JumpTheShark.jpg

You must have missed the following episode where they resurrected him!

Yeah, am out every night when it's on, so havent followed it much, only seen the one where there is the guy who changes their memories.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Daleks!
I have it on tape somewhere. They basically rejigged it abit and made it a film with Cushing! Quality story tho, real old school and Hartnell is as amazing as ever.

As for tonights I thought it was fun! Better than last years first episode! Bear in mind its for kids and that really! I thought it was brilliant.

Also, as not to spoil it for anyone.. but I recognised her from the back of her head!!!!! What a loser I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here