Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between BHA and B'muff

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Eddie How in The Times (talking about their game v. S Wed on Saturday). "We came here to keep the ball and pass the ball, and we did that".

Possession - 50%
Shots on target - 1

Brighton, a side that actually pass the ball and keep possession v. Yeovil.

Possession - 81%
Shots on target - 7

When B'muff came to Withdean it was touted as the meeting of the two passing sides. I recall that they barely kept the ball against us and their one shot on target was the penalty.

There's one team in L1 who are the tippy-tappy, flicky-flicky champs and it's not Bournemouth.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And if we were playing now Bmff STILL wouldnt have scored. Of that I am sure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
in a lot of ways: Bournemouth = Brighton Lite

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Eddie How in The Times (talking about their game v. S Wed on Saturday). "We came here to keep the ball and pass the ball, and we did that".

Possession - 50%
Shots on target - 1

Possession - 81%
Shots on target - 7

When B'muff came to Withdean it was touted as the meeting of the two passing sides. I recall that they barely kept the ball against us and their one shot on target was the penalty.

There's one team in L1 who are the tippy-tappy, flicky-flicky champs and it's not Bournemouth.

Nice stats but what are they proving exactly, should you not be comparing our Stats away at wednesday or theirs at home to yeovil?
I'm all for raving about our performances but come on.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm making the point that Bournemouth claim to be a passing and possession side and we've seen very little evidence of it. However, Brighton ARE a passing and possession side.

Just noting that their seems to be some bandwagoning going on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nice stats but what are they proving exactly, should you not be comparing our Stats away at wednesday or theirs at home to yeovil?
I'm all for raving about our performances but come on.

According to ESPN Soccernet (I'm not sure they always include the shot that led to a goal, i.e. if you score one of three shots, it will list one goal plus two shots)

Away to Sheffield Wednesday:

Brighton

Result Loss 1-0
Shots (on target) 5 (1)
Possession 54%

Bournemouth
Result Draw 1-1
Shots (on target) 6(0)
Possession 50%

Home to Yeovil:

Brighton

Result Win 2-0
Shots (on target) 7(5)
Possession 81%

Bournemouth
Result - Due to be played November 23rd
Shots (on target) - (-)
Possession -

Doesn't really show much, does it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Possession - 50%
Shots on target - 1

Possession - 81%
Shots on target - 7

I think Bournemouth deserve alot of credit.They are second and have already played Us,Saints,Hudders,Posh,Wednesday.
We have yet to beat a team in the top 6 They have and hammered Posh.I think they will deffo finish in the play offs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm making the point that Bournemouth claim to be a passing and possession side and we've seen very little evidence of it. However, Brighton ARE a passing and possession side.

Just noting that their seems to be some bandwagoning going on.

But you get that at every level of the game. Ask any pub team what their strength is and they're likely to say their passing, they like to get the ball down and play etc. but the majority of goals will be long balls.

I remember a thread on here last year linking to an article (possibly of Slade) explaining the strengths of the long ball game, but generally speaking no team admits to playing hoofball or roughing up the opposition, everyone wants to claim to play the pretty stuff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have yet to beat a team in the top 6 They have and hammered Posh.I think they will deffo finish in the play offs.

Bullshit.

We beat Oldham and MK Dons, who were top 6 at the time.

Or does our beating them and knocking them down the table, mean that they don't count?...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually I can see what TRHK means.

Eddie Howe is saying this we are a passing side business...say it enough times and people will believe it/certainly papers will print it. After all its only League 1 and you get a few lines as a match report.

The evidence when we played them was far from it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Eddie Howe is saying this we are a passing side business...say it enough times and people will believe it/certainly papers will print it. After all its only League 1 and you get a few lines as a match report.

This

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Bmuff WERE a passing side under O'Driscoll.

All they contributed to the recent Withdean game was niggle and the ability to con incompetent officials. Howe has done well with limited resources but is no purveyor of the passing game ....talks a good game tho'.

Hope we bury them in the return.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Howe admitted they changed their passing style when they played us as they feared being beaten soundly.

They wanted to frustrate us and hit us on the counter attack, but our defence was too good for them (until the controversial penalty)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
God, I'm enjoying this season.
The only worrying stat is that a team that hit top around that date drops off.Looking at previous seasons it has happened quite a few times.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Slightly on a tangent the presenter on the BBc 'Final Score' programme stated that even though we were top an element of the crowd at Withdean were booing Gus because of the patient style of play. Words fail me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here