Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby tomorrow (anyone with tips)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
has anyone got any good tips for the derby tomorrow.
could do with a flutter.

:p

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My tip is to ignore any recommendations by Gareth Glover and back anything from Deano's Right Foot :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NORTH LIGHT to win - in a Derby year with no obvious horsey stars it usually pays to follow the jockey instead. North Light's got Keiren Fallon on board. Current price about 5/2.

GATWICK to place - this is part-owned by Alex Ferguson, has won a couple of very decent handicaps recently and under normal circumstances would stand no chance. But they've supplemented it (i.e. paid £75000 for a late entry into the race) so will be going all out to get their money back with a fair bit on top. Worth a speculative each way punt at a price of 20/1 or thereabouts.

It goes without saying that all winnings should of course be plonked straight onto Emma and Shell to win BB5... :clap:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Not a derby to risk the mortgage on - very hard to call.

A modest each way bet on Pukka might get a return, although I think North Light will probably win, but too short a price for me.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
OK have gone for Percussionist and Pukka both e/w in the Derby if either comes in the top 3 I get enough back too cover me Albion bet and I can then withdraw it. (or course if either comes in first I get more than me Albion bet back and if neither comes in the top 3 its other peoples money.)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am going LARGE on Percusionist.

GET ON AND GET ON LARGE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !.

Kind Regards.

GG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks like Timco's testing the Gwylan Theory of Betting (tm) :lolol:

i myself am backing Pukka...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've splashed out on Pukka, I was thinking of backing anyway, before DRF's suggestion. But thanks for the confirmation, Guy.

I did tip Kris Krin last year, so I'm on a roll :)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Tom Hark said:
NORTH LIGHT to win - in a Derby year with no obvious horsey stars it usually pays to follow the jockey instead. North Light's got Keiren Fallon on board. Current price about 5/2.

Good work THPP.

I had £50 on North Light by a process of elimination. Nothing else in the race that was likely to stay appeared to have the relevant class. And so it proved. The only downer was that I took 3/1 this morning.

Also missed the Placepot by one race (race 3). And it paid over a grand.

Never mind though. More money to be made tonight I fancy. Holland at 1/2 to beat Ireland. I have £60 to win £30.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Good work THPP.

I had £50 on North Light by a process of elimination. Nothing else in the race that was likely to stay appeared to have the relevant class. And so it proved. The only downer was that I took 3/1 this morning.

Also missed the Placepot by one race (race 3). And it paid over a grand.

Never mind though. More money to be made tonight I fancy. Holland at 1/2 to beat Ireland. I have £60 to win £30.

Nice one TLB :thumbsup:

Commiserations on the missed Placepot - that would have paid for a fair few bevvies aye?

I've had Holland to win 2-0 or 2-1 tonight. And as Ireland have just scored while I've been typing this very sentence I guess that makes me riding on 2-1 now :rolleyes:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
always prefer it tom when the underdog temas scores their goal, gonna be all holland now prob!good luck

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
What a dismal bet Holland turned out to be, but I reckon we learned plenty about the Dutch side tonight. Certainly a team to be opposed during Euro 2004. They look a piss-poor, spiritless outfit once again. Despite all that individual talent. Amazing really.

Graham Barrett had a decent game for the Irish I thought. And it was great to see Cardiff City's Alan Lee get 10 minutes at the end of the match. Even if I did lose £60!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here